Darth Vader : Helmet and Tusks and so on !

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ausfan

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I love this forum and I'm very new. But all this fighting and rubbish about Vader's helmet and tusks have done my head in. SS are a business so not everyone will be happy. Think back 10 years ago, besides Marmit we were given that Hasbro crap which was a joke! That is all we had on offer. Now we have SS and Medicom and many other companies. REJOYCE!!!

I don't like everything that has come out from SS but there is some great stuff as well. I don't like everthing about Darth but i can't wait to get him in my hot little hands. I love how some of you guys have talked about the mods and i'm thinking I might even do the mods on my helmet.

But all this SS "should of done this and this is wrong" Blah Blah!! SS is a Business at the end of the day and as my first boss said to me once.

WE ARE HERE TO MAKE MONEY NOT FRIENDS !!!!

What part of that don't you understand!!

Last edited:
I understand your frustration Ausfan, believe me I do-- but, do we really need another thread dedicated to a discussion on this?...

But all this SS "should of done this and this is wrong" Blah Blah!! SS is a Business at the end of the day and as my first boss said to me once.

What does this have to do with expecting accuracy (within reason for a collectible toy)?

I do believe that one aspect of the figure was probably changed through Lucasfilm orders. Don't blame them there.

Well, maybe we can keep the criticisms here instead of the picture thread. Because, you know, it's a PICTURE thread.

Yeah. I just got my SS Vader on Monday and I LOVE HIM.

LOVE HIM LOVE HIM LOVE HIM! I dont have a single complaint about him. And honestly, silver tusk, black tusk.....WHO CARES!! Jesus....

Hey if you want it silver, slap some silver paint on it for crying out loud. then be done with it!!

ITS NOT THAT BIG A DEAL.

Really. It isnt.

Im very new to this forum and Im already tired of peoples belly aching and crying foul. Hey, heres a saying "You want something done right, DO IT YOURSELF." If you cant, then you are at the Collectible Companies mercy. If you can, Go do it. Would keep yourself quiet on here then...

Its actually very annoying.

Sorry, but Im a collector. I enjoy collecting movie figures. And this kind of stuff just drags the hobby into the ground. ENJOY the HOBBY. Dont nit pick it to death.

People are so ungrateful sometimes its ridiculous and makes me sick.

Considering that Sideshow just explained in their last Ask Sideshow replies that they do pay attention to the forums, that makes this somewhat of a partnership. We tell them what we expect for our money, and they deliver better next time. Win win. It's a unique situation now in the internet age where we have direct influence (to a fairly significant degree) on what comes next. Sideshow has embraced that, and they are smart to do so. They are here to make money, yes, but they also love the hobby as much as we do. There is no better research to be had than this if they want to know what we will spend money on.

Yeah. I just got my SS Vader on Monday and I LOVE HIM.

LOVE HIM LOVE HIM LOVE HIM! I dont have a single complaint about him. And honestly, silver tusk, black tusk.....WHO CARES!! Jesus....

Hey if you want it silver, slap some silver paint on it for crying out loud. then be done with it!!

ITS NOT THAT BIG A DEAL.

Really. It isnt.

Im very new to this forum and Im already tired of peoples belly aching and crying foul. Hey, heres a saying "You want something done right, DO IT YOURSELF." If you cant, then you are at the Collectible Companies mercy. If you can, Go do it. Would keep yourself quiet on here then...

Its actually very annoying.

Sorry, but Im a collector. I enjoy collecting movie figures. And this kind of stuff just drags the hobby into the ground. ENJOY the HOBBY. Dont nit pick it to death.

People are so ungrateful sometimes its ridiculous and makes me sick.

Welcome to a day in the life of the Star Wars forum. :lol

Great. Now there are two threads for people who don't have this figure in hand to complain about how wrong they think it is...

Since you are new I will give you some advice. Just stay out of the Star Wars threads. :lecture

I am a SW fan and I don't go near the threads anymore because of the whiney ****** that is splattered all over each page. :D

Considering that Sideshow just explained in their last Ask Sideshow replies that they do pay attention to the forums, that makes this somewhat of a partnership. We tell them what we expect for our money, and they deliver better next time. Win win. It's a unique situation now in the internet age where we have direct influence (to a fairly significant degree) on what comes next. Sideshow has embraced that, and they are smart to do so. They are here to make money, yes, but they also love the hobby as much as we do. There is no better research to be had than this if they want to know what we will spend money on.

Best free marketing research around!

Even with the so-called whiners and so-called apologist!

Vader IS the master!

This is my first post on these forums and I just wanted to let anyone who is on the fence about the 12" Vader because of the price know that this figure is a must buy for Star Wars fans. It's quickly become one of my favorites of the whole line and the best overall Vader collectible I own. Even if you don't have any of the other figures, this one is worth getting as a display piece. You really don't realize how awesome he is until you have him in your hands. I just wanted to put my 2cents in on a figure that I think is one of the best Star Wars figures ever made.

Re: Vader IS the master!

Although I did not order him, I would have to agree. I have seen him in person and he is truly amazing. Very high quality figure and worth every penny. I'm holding out for a ROTJ version. Hopefully it won't take another 4 years to complete.

Since you are new I will give you some advice. Just stay out of the Star Wars threads. :lecture

I am a SW fan and I don't go near the threads anymore because of the whiney ****** that is splattered all over each page. :D

This stuff does not bother me one bit, only wish it was all organized properly..i do still feel for the people that have to go through page after page of debate to get some pics of the figure, i can't say its "whining" since most comments about whats wrong on the figure are indeed warranted, people share input about it as there are lots of people that are a bit let down by this figure in some areas, does not make them whiny or anything of the sort..may seem like whining when you get multiple users sharing the same opinion on how say "the dome is off" etc.

We all know it will never stop, one guy states something is really off, another guy says it looks fine!..fact is its off though lol..but, people should not take that to heart so much, i am going to mod mine when i get it..and i know i will be satisfied with that.Thing is we all know the Star Wars line will still be kicking it when we are all dead and gone and i am sure something will be off with Star Wars character accuracy when it comes to collectibles, consider ourselves lucky we get so many versions of these characters opposed to other sci-fi favorites that would get one small line of collectibles...hell, we should consider ourselves lucky SS is doing Star Wars and not Hasbro...the difference is day and night between the two companies.

Back