How BIG do you want the 1/4 scale to go.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wetayourself

Freaked Out
Reaction score
If this line is going to be a 1/4 scale..... balrog, trolls, fell beasts, mumaks & even the the dark lord herself will never see the light of day.
Steed statues? how big is a 1/4 scale horse.
I think they should do the fellowship + maybe 8 - 14 of the major players.

The fellowship {all nine & in fellowship garb}
elrond
galadriel
saruman
lurtz
theoden
faramir
eomer
bilbo
eowyn
witch king {true form}
ringwraith
gollum {no, not another}
king of the dead

the end

Where would your list end?

Last edited:
wetayourself said:
Where would your list end?

Not until every character and creature is done, sometimes multiple representations :D

Seriously though, this is probably wishful thinking but I really hope that somewhere down the line some of the larger creatures can be represented in this line. I figure there are 2 possibilities: have them produced in a different scale (may require reworking of the licensing agreement if it specifically states 1:4) or actually do 1:4 representations with assembly required (I mean there's a 1:1 Endo available) sure the cost would be amazing, but there are those among us who would be up for the challenge of owning them :cool:

wetayourself said:
more money than sence.

1:1 balrog challenge enough for ya, how about a
1:1 middle earth
:peace

:google

No I mean true 1:4 representations. They would still much smaller than the 1:1 Endo which we know is possible. Of course, that still wouldn't help for a Balrog, Fell Beast or even Gwahir.

a true 1/4 scale balrog would be bigger than a 1:1 endo & cost as much methinks
with the right pipework & a big bottle of calor gas real flame effects are also an option.
bring on the marsh mellows:banana

Add Arwen and the ninth member of the fellowship who you missed out, and you'd be nearly there! ;)

I'd also want some more uruks, orcs, moria orcs, Easterling, Haradhrim, generic Elven and human warriors, maybe Gothmog and a Mouth of Sauron!

Yeah, but it still leaves the possiblity for horse and rider pieces. Maybe even a cave troll with a huge price tag, but there isn't a lot of mixed media with a Troll :D

Of course, all speculation. If we see anything stretch the limits at all I would think it would be horse and riders.

[QUOTEAdd Arwen and the ninth member of the fellowship who you missed out,][/QUOTE]

I didnt think she was a member of the fellowship of the ring?
But your right she is a must on that list.

No no! I meant Arwen PLUS the other member of the fellowship....there were 9, and you said you wanted the 8 members of the fellowship! :D ;)

I really can't see getting horse and riders although it wasn't dismissed out of hand in the chat. But a 1/4 cave troll would be about 5 feet tall wouldn't it? And a Balrog about 8 feet?

But I have to say that I'll definitely get the Fellowship, and probably any other elf, and any female. If they start coming out with the various Orcs like in the statue line though, I'm not that interested. One or 2 orcs goes a long way.

Last edited:
As far as orcs and uruk-hai, I would definitetly want a mordor orc, moria orc, helm's deep uruk-hai(maybe pikemen), and then lurtz in armour will do just fine as an uruk from FOTR.

My most wanted orc would have to be Moria Orc Swordsman. The helm and shield would looks awesome with the PF treatment.

1/4 wishlist

I am hoping for the last-alliance
Gil-galad, elrond, high elven (with shield and sword:google ) elendill, isildur, Numenorean.
And of Course Finally GONDOR:horror Boromir, Faramir, Denethor, Gondorian Soldier, Fountain Guard. And some Battle from helms deep figures than I would be a very happy (and poor) fellow

I think they need to make the fellowship plus OTHER figures not the same guys that we saw in polystone or it will be the same thing only in 1/4

Going by past PF figures, I'd say we are limited to figures. Human in the first instances, as the PF's utilise costuming as a main theme. The more poly the higher the costs. I like the imaginings however. Who knows what Sideshow will do next. I love that Liea has the interchangeable arms. Very innovative, quite possibly because her costume allows for such, without any visual disturbance. I don't see any beasts coming under the PF category or they'd just be statues. Don't know if this licence allows for that.

Back