Freddy custom Furnace diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1mod6

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum although I have been lurking around from now and then. I’m a fulltime student from the Netherlands working on my MSc and I’ve been collecting sixth scale figures for only a few months now. I kind of got into this hobby by mistake; I was looking on eBay for a 1/18 diecast batmobile and clicked by mistake on the sixth scale Takara Batman Begins figure. I was amazed at the quality and pose-ability of the figure that I had to get one. Been hooked ever since. However it’s an expensive hobby especially on a student budget. So I thought I would start making some 1/6 accessories to sell so I can get some funding to help me expand my collection. Ok, enough about me, let’s go to the furnace.

A few weeks ago I manage to score two SideShow Freddy figures and came across the SideShow Furnace Environment and wanted to get one, but as you all know they are sold out. Of course you can get it off eBay for $275, but that was too much for my wallet, so I decided to build my own. It’s made mostly out wood and plastic. Completely hallow to keep it light-weight. Also I read that some owners found that their SideShow furnace took too much space of their shelves, so I decided to make mine a lot less deep while still keeping the overall appearance of the furnace. Also the door does open and there is even space to put 1 or 2 small candles to create the illusion of the furnace being lit. The light of the candle flame is intensified by the mirror film and glossy black paint on the inside of the furnace. It looks awesome in the dark. To prevent the Furnace from overheating I decided to leave the top open to allow for sufficient ventilation/cooling. The valve handle is also able to turn. I wanted my furnace to have that heavily rusted metal look. The metal part has a 3 layer rusty effect paint job, and the bottom has a 4 layers paint job for the stone effect. The bottom is still missing an extra layer of bone/stone white, so that’s why it looks a bit too dark. It was my first time messing around with these kinds of paint, but I think I got the hang of it and could probably do a better job now on the rusting, but since my room is dark, it blends nicely. The next ones I build will most likely have better rusting effect on them and probably be a bit darker. Let me know what you think and if anyone wants one, just PM me. I can build it for 40 Euros (excluding shipping of course) in about 2 to 3 weeks depending on my schedule at the university. Here are the pictures:

1mod6__furnace1_wm.jpg

1mod6__furnace2_wm.jpg

Here you can see the candle flame effect.

1mod6__furnace3_wm.jpg

I shot this one with all lights turned off except the TV which I assume was showing some really green commercials at that moment :D.

Now a few pics with my two Freddy figures
1mod6__furnace4_wm.jpg

1mod6__furnace5_wm.jpg

1mod6__furnace6_wm.jpg

1mod6__furnace7_wm.jpg

1mod6__furnace8_wm.jpg

1mod6__furnace9_wm.jpg

i have this too

:confused:

You probably have the SS one, but the one in the pics was custom built by 1mod6.

A few weeks ago I manage to score two SideShow Freddy figures and came across the SideShow Furnace Environment and wanted to get one, but as you all know they are sold out. Of course you can get it off eBay for $275, but that was too much for my wallet, so I decided to build my own.

I had the Sideshow furnace a couple of time in the past.....Yours is Awesome, and has a door that opens...:rock

Thanks for the positive comments guys.

longheug: Devil666 is correct, I build this one myself.

DarkArtist81: When you ready to get one, just let me know :)

I'm glad you guys like it as much as i do.

capthowdy: I can arrange for you to have one on your shelf :rolleyes:

elvis1976: No prob, just let me know when you get your freddy and i will hook you up

usswanker: It's based on the SS design + a few extras:devil

freddysnightmares: You mean the SideShow one, or you find mine too expensive?:confused:

I'm glad you guys like it as much as i do.

capthowdy: I can arrange for you to have one on your shelf :rolleyes:

elvis1976: No prob, just let me know when you get your freddy and i will hook you up

usswanker: It's based on the SS design + a few extras:devil

freddysnightmares: You mean the SideShow one, or you find mine too expensive?:confused:

no the sideshow one, sorry about the confusion. lol

that is a very nice custom piece. great work! :D Hope to get a freddy in the near future and when I do, will be hitting you up for one of those too. :D

How much to ship to the U.S. buddy?

Went by the post office today to figure out the shipping cost and the necessary box/packaging for the furnace. Shipping it outside Europe is expensive. Or at least I find it expensive. The shipping cost is 21,85 Euros (priority mail) and 4 Euros for the box, so a total of 25,85 euro :(.

you are made very very awesome!!!!

great job

Thanks longheug, I'm glad you like it.

that is a very nice custom piece. great work! :D Hope to get a freddy in the near future and when I do, will be hitting you up for one of those too. :D

No prob Saya, when you're ready I’ll be glad to help you out.

Back