Nuke or Bio attack likely by 2013

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OSCORP

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,459927,00.html

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wo...cal-terrorist-attack-by-2013-report-says.html

https://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28006645/

ASSOCIATED PRESS

<script type="text/javascript">adsonar_placementId=1406851;adsonar_pid=871774;adsonar_ps=-1;adsonar_zw=300;adsonar_zh=250;adsonar_jv='ads.adsonar.com';</script><script language="JavaScript" src="https://js.adsonar.com/js/adsonar.js"></script><form id="qas_frm" name="qas_frm" method="get" action="" target=""><input name="ie52_mac_only" value="" type="hidden"></form><iframe name="adsonar_serve431157" id="adsonar_serve431157" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" vspace="0" hspace="0" src="https://ads.adsonar.com/adserving/getAds.jsp?previousPlacementIds=&placementId=1406851&pid=871774&ps=-1&zw=300&zh=250&url=http%3A//www.nypost.com/seven/12022008/news/nationalnews/panel__u_s__will_be_attacked_by_2013_141862.htm&v=5&dct=PANEL%3A%20U.S.%20WILL%20BE%20ATTAC-D%20BY%202013%20-%20New%20York%20Post&ref=http%3A//www.google.com/search%3Fhl%3Den%26sa%3DX%26oi%3Dspell%26resnum%3D0%26ct%3Dresult%26cd%3D1%26q%3Dnuclear+attack+by+2013%26spell%3D1" scrolling="no" width="300" frameborder="0" height="250"></iframe>
Last updated: 2:26 pm
December 2, 2008
Posted: 9:58 am
December 2, 2008
WASHINGTON -- A bipartisan commission is asserting the country should expect a terrorist attack using nuclear or biological weapons sometime in the next five years.
The report, which is scheduled to be publicly released on Wednesday, suggests that the incoming administration of President-elect Barack Obama should improve the capability of the United States to counter such an attack and to prepare if necessary for germ warfare.
The report was written by the Commission on the Prevention of WMD Proliferation and Terrorism. Among other things, it concluded: "Our margin of safety is shrinking, not growing."
The commission also is encouraging the new White House to appoint a National Security Council official to exclusively coordinate U.S. intelligence and foreign policy on combating the spread of nuclear and biological weapons.
The report of the Commission on the Prevention of WMD Proliferation and Terrorism, led by former Sens. Bob Graham of Florida and Jim Talent of Missouri, acknowledges that terrorist groups still lack the needed scientific and technical ability to make weapons out of pathogens or nuclear bombs. It warns that gap can be overcome easily if terrorists should find scientists willing to share or sell their expertise.
"The United States should be less concerned that terrorists will become biologists and far more concerned that biologists will become terrorists," the report states.
The commission believes biological weapons are more likely to be obtained and used before nuclear or radioactive weapons because nuclear facilities are more carefully guarded. Civilian laboratories with potentially dangerous pathogens abound, however, and could easily be compromised.
"The biological threat is greater than the nuclear; the acquisition of deadly pathogens, and their weaponization and dissemination in aerosol form, would entail fewer technical hurdles than the theft or production of weapons-grade uranium or plutonium and its assembly into an improvised nuclear device," the report says.
It notes that the U.S. government's counterproliferation activities have been geared toward preventing nuclear terror. The commission recommends the prevention of biological terror be made a higher priority.
Study chairman Graham said anthrax remains the most likely biological weapon. However, he told the AP that contagious diseases, such as the influenza tstrain that killed 40 million early in the 20th century, are looming threats. That virus has been recreated in scientific labs, and there remains no inoculation to protect against it should it be stolen and released.
Graham said the threat of a terror attack using nuclear or biological weapons is growing "not because we have not done positive things but because adversaries are moving at an even faster pace to increase their access" to those materials.
He noted last week's rampage by a small group of gunmen in Mumbai.
"If those people had had access to a biological or nuclear weapon, they would have multiplied by orders of magnitude the deaths they could have inflicted," he said.
Al-Qaida remains the only terror group judged to be actively intent on conducting a nuclear attack against the United States, the report notes. It is not yet capable of building such a weapon and has yet to obtain one. But that could change if a nuclear weapons engineer or scientist were recruited to al-Qaida's cause, the report warns.
The report says the potential nexus of terrorism, nuclear and biological weapons is especially acute in Pakistan.
"Were one to map terrorism and weapons of mass destruction today, all roads would intersect in Pakistan," the report states.
In fact, commission members were forced to cancel their trip to Pakistan this fall. The Islamabad Marriott Hotel that commission members were to stay in was blown up by terrorist bombs just hours before they were to have checked in.
"We think time is not our ally. The (United States) needs to move with a sense of urgency," Graham said.

I guess it's only a matter of time. Marshall law and great sadness will follow.
(watching them talk about it live right now)

Last edited:
The world is ^^^^ed.

I say just live every day for all it's worth, this day in age you just don't know when it's going to come to a tragic halt.

I almost don't even want to have kids, what's the point, by the time I have a kid and they're old enough to fight in war there'll probably be a draft, or the U.S. will be like a 3rd world country or a graveyard.

Is this a pre-emptive strike to avail citizens of their rights? Fear mongering, to kill of part of the population, and instill fear based policies? The inevitable is inevitable. Fate is uncompromising. I read the ifs and buts and the falsehoods. Are these the same people that engineered reports to invade Iraq?

Possibilities abound, certainties come down to a matter of odds. Chaos and violence have a place in the scheme of things. Fore warned is fore armed, and how many arms do you need. Guns kill too, as do knives. Does the government issue bullet proof vests to everyone? Is there a parachute in a plane for everyone? A disaster is a disaster, natural or man made.

Get your interceptors built!!!!

hdrp_0602_best_car_movies_12_zroad_warrior.jpg

It would be neat if a zombie virus was manufactured... and I wasn't infected. I would like to survive a zombie outbreak. Sounds like fun.

It would be neat if a zombie virus was manufactured... and I wasn't infected. I would like to survive a zombie outbreak. Sounds like fun.

I'm in! But can it be a fun time like Shaun of the Dead , oh and we can collect all the dead Zombie Sideshow freaks collectibles????

Even if I become a zombie, you'll have to pry my figures from my cold dead hands.....wait.:doh

Which is the exact reason I have semi-automatic weapons. If something like this happened and you were not in the immediate kill range. The rioting would be overwhelming. Police would be of no use. It would be up to each individual to protect themselves and their families. Not much of a chance of defending against an armed mob with a bolt action rifle or a pump shotgun.

Last edited:
There was a nation a long time ago that thought they could take on the U.S.A. Two bombs later, they no longer needed an emperor and now they make great video games and toys for us.

I hope that if this ever happens, we have a President in office with the gumption to obliterate whoever is responsible, not just "occupy".

I think I have a pact with DA and Pitu to meet in Florida when the zombie outbreak begins.

And I call dibs on all of the video games. They'll be worth gold when we get the power stations up and running again!!

I suspect that an attack using nukes or biological weapons is too obvious because it'll be just what we're expecting.

On the other hand, we would be completely caught off guard if invaded by a Segway Task Force. We would never know what hit us...

segway-anti-terror.jpg

Back