(NEW) To Buy Or Not To Buy: KANE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

To Buy Or Not To Buy: Kane

• Buy him, he rocks!

Votes: 37 72.5%
  • Save your money, he's not worth it

Votes: 14 27.5%

• Total voters

Spyda

Super Freak
Reaction score
hi brethren, i asked the question before with the Predalien vs Wold Dio and you all really helped me make up my mind, so im asking it again but this time anbout the kane figure,

I dunno if i want to buy this or not, Pros and cons, or who eles is gettin this??
*FEEDBACK/VOTE*

6385_press01-001.jpg

6385_press02-001.jpg

6385_press04-001.jpg

try buying what YOU like based on your own tastes and not on what other people think. :duh
oh and YES. I'm getting two of each. if that helps. :D

pros
- it's the only 12" scale kane you'll ever see, so you might as well get him if you're an alien fan/collector.
- it looks like he comes with the egg, so you can recreate one of the most heart-stopping shocker sequences in scifi history.

cons
- hot toys is not known for accurate face sculpts, so don't expect it to look much like john hurt.
- this is a $140+ damn figure of a character who had like 15 minutes of screen time.

looks like a dead-heat.
the only tie breaker you have is if you really want to be a completist.
________
Medical marijuana news

Last edited:
try buying what YOU like based on your own tastes and not on what other people think. :duh

Ditto.

And as for me... I am getting him for sure. Not sure on Dallas yet, but Kane is a definite. The costume, base, everything... it's a knockout figure. And working lights!! Consider me SOLD. :lol

At the end of the day i will buy what i like not what other people tell me to, i just like to hear others opinions so i helps me make up my mind, i've been considering it for the last 4 months so i thought id ask :D

feedback is good so far thanks guys

I wouldnt. I like Kane, and the rest of the Nostromo crew, but I'd rather have them in 6" scale. Not worth forking over $100 +...IMO.

I'm getting Kane. He's the pick of the two for sure. Extra head with face hugger sold me. I think the head sculpt will look pretty good, though it really doesn't matter because I'll probably use the face hugged head. Don't know exactly why they wont show us a good pic of his head, cause Dallas looks great, so those that are getting him should be well pleased.

Hot Toys is getting enough of my dough so I went with one this time round. There are some things I'll probably knock when I finally get him, cause I'm not sure about the outfit and articulation, and the heads sit a little low in the helmets, but there was only one way to find out, and I definitely didn't want to miss out, so pre-ordered and waiting patiently.

I think it'll be awesome. I'm getting both Kane and Dallas, but if I had to chose one it would be Kane of course. I guess it depends on how big a fan you are of the original ALIEN. I for one love it and love the design of the suits. I'm also a BIG John Hurt fan, so I think you can see where this is going.

kane is a must buy. an interchangeable head sculpt with facehugger attached rocks!!! :rock i may skip dallas.

I got him. Interchangeable head + open alien egg are pretty good bonuses . Kane getting face-huggered is one of the greatest moments in cinematic history....can't go wrong with that.

As much as I love Alien, I just don't find these figures cool enough to spend my money on.
I'd rather get some really cool characters like Dutch's crew:chew

are you an Alien fan??? if so, then yes because i doubt you'll see these characters done again in ANY format. hot toys seems to be doing a lot of figures that are "out of the box" so you might just see the rest of the crew from Alien get produced sometime down the road.

At the end of the day i will buy what i like not what other people tell me to, i just like to hear others opinions so i helps me make up my mind, i've been considering it for the last 4 months so i thought id ask :D

feedback is good so far thanks guys

I think that if you have been considering it for the last 4 months and you are asking for others' opinions, then you probably don't like it that much:confused:

I personally am not too excited about these and actually am more thrilled about the "she-predator" figure. :naughty

The alien spacesuit has great nostalgia value for me. It was one of the first images from a trailer for widescreen editions of a few Fox films that was on the Aliens Special edition VHS from 1992. The theatrical trailer for Alien3 was also on that video. I was fascinated by the spacesuit though because at that time I had never seen Alien. So I'm getting Kane and Dallas.

Back