Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Riki 'Riddle' Lecotey
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Follow The Mike On Twitter Follow The Mike on Tumblr

Default Inglorious Bastards

Tarantino's long held up project is finally looking to get moving. For those who don't know:

Latino Review and Vulture have read Quentin Tarantino's Inglorious Bastards script and they're saying, respectively, that it's like "if you took the bad guy swagger of RESERVOIR DOGS, the uber coolness and structure of PULP FICTION, throw in the revenge angle of KILL BILL, set it in World War II" and "like Kill Bill meets The Dirty Dozen meets Cinema Paradiso." You can read the specifics and plot details at either site, but both use the term "awesome" in describing it, which is usually a positive.
    Also:

According to Deadline Hollywood Daily, Brad Pitt is being courted to star in the long-gestating Quentin Tarantino helmed War pic “Inglorious Bastards”.

Studios – including Paramount and Sony – are currently vying to pick the film up, says the site. Harvey Weinstein (“I’m happy to produce, but I sure as ^^^^ ain’t got nothing money for you Quentin – remember “Grindhouse”?) and Lawrence Bender will produce.

“Bastards”, which at one time (don’t know whether any of them are still involved) had Adam Sandler, Michael Madsen and Tim Roth onboard, is about a group of soldiers on their way to be executed who get the chance of a reprieve. Assuming Pitt will play the Captain? (maybe that’s where that Captain America rumor got started?)

I'm definitely interested in Tarantino's take of WWII

ILLest of 'em all!! MODERATOR
    Feedback
    49 (100%)
    Follow The ill Jedi On Twitter Follow The ill Jedi on Tumblr Visit The ill Jedi's Instagram Channel
    About God Damn time! Let's just hope he doesn't get too carried away with his dialogue which he's so much in love with!

I will believe it when I see a trailer.

GO CELTICS!!!
    Feedback
    8 (100%)

I hope we don't have to wait too much longer for it.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Go Celtics!! Banner 18!!
    "You know, I can feel the fear that you carry around and I wish there was... something I could do to help you let go of it because if you could,
    I don't think you'd feel so alone anymore."

Super Freak
    Feedback
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bannister View Post
    I will believe it when I see a trailer.
    Ditto. This has been stewing around since before Kill Bill. I wanna see solid evidence before I believe a word.

Riki 'Riddle' Lecotey
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Follow The Mike On Twitter Follow The Mike on Tumblr
    Brad Pitt is an Inglorious Bastard
    Wed, 16 July 2008

Brad Pitt met with director Quentin Tarantino in France on Tuesday to secure Pitt to play the key role of Aldo Raine in Inglorious Bastards, reports Variety.

Tarantino also plans to meet Leonardo DiCaprio on Thursday to play another lead role, Hans Landa.

Inglorious Bastards will shoot this fall in Germany and also in France, where Brad, partner Angelina Jolie, and their six kids have been residing.

Brad Pitt AND Leonardo DiCaprio? SOLD!

Super Freak
    Feedback
    25 (100%)
    I don't like Leo, so at least half of this is good news.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mike View Post
    Brad Pitt is an Inglorious Bastard
    Wed, 16 July 2008

Brad Pitt met with director Quentin Tarantino in France on Tuesday to secure Pitt to play the key role of Aldo Raine in Inglorious Bastards, reports Variety.

Tarantino also plans to meet Leonardo DiCaprio on Thursday to play another lead role, Hans Landa.

Inglorious Bastards will shoot this fall in Germany and also in France, where Brad, partner Angelina Jolie, and their six kids have been residing.

Brad Pitt AND Leonardo DiCaprio? SOLD!
    Brad Pitt =

My Little Mod MODERATOR
    Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Tarantino = ****

Video Games and LOTR Mod
    Feedback
    Pretty cool everything is moving forward now. Would like to see this one on the big screen.
    "Here's looking at you, kid."