spiderman premium format..not so sure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hellz Manik

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well many questions on this forum have been brought up wether or not , they should obtain a particular statue. Now this is the question i have, is this piece really worth owning, i havent seen it in person. I would like to think that it would give me that impression as in DAM I HAVE TO HAVE IT!! Also, whats the most you would pay for this piece. I am thinking about getting it, but its something about the pose and the structure of the statue that makes me kind of not want to get it. Prices are above 500 mark, is it really worth it.

I say get, I have it and it's a great statue:

Spidey_Box.jpg

Spidey_01.JPG

Spidey_02.JPG

Spidey_03.jpg

Spidey_04.jpg

Spidey_05.JPG

The Base is very nicely detailed:

Spidey_Base.jpg

:lol

Don't get it! It's a very weak statue. The fabric is crappy just like the pose. It just isn't the iconic Spiderman statue I was hoping for. Save your money for other Marvel PFs like Hulk, Cap and Thor.:lecture

Is it worth 500 to you is the bigger question? It's all relative.

Personally I wouldn't pay more than 500 for this piece. I do have my limits. Maybe I should go after one now, but with so much other stuff coming out that blows away this PF in terms of sculpt, pose, and execution like the Red Skull and Thor PFs, I don't know when I'll have the money or time to pick this one up.

:lol

Don't get it! It's a very weak statue. The fabric is crappy just like the pose. It just isn't the iconic Spiderman statue I was hoping for. Save your money for other Marvel PFs like Hulk, Cap and Thor.:lecture

I have two of the three, with one coming. :)

According to Carbo I am doing just fine. :monkey5

I would really like to have it. Spidey is a great character, the pose looks cool too. It isn't worth 500 bucks, though. For that amount I would rather buy the Cap PF, or the Hulk.
Here's an idea: a PF of Spider-Man upside down (or even sideways)? That's his trademark pose, if anything. Don't know how it would work out, but that would be great.

i might pay retail for it but I'm really waiting for SS to do another one.

My advice is to save your money and buy one of the other Marvel PFs.

I just don't like the Spidey piece at all. The fabric and polystone look bad together and don't mesh at all. The pose is horrible.

I'll not pay more than $400 shipped for one (and then only if I was drunk and bored with nothing but eBay to keep me company). Which means I'll likely not have one anytime soon. :( Especially with all of these people talking it up.

I just have too many memories of all of the trash-talking about it when it was first released. There were figures on which the fabric was peeling away from its connection with the costume, fer cryin' out loud!

It's a weird and exciting hobby that we have, wherein a much-maligned (at one time) figure can command such a high price. I blame the completists and the speculators among us for driving it up beyond what its value should be.

Squider posted his 1/4 Spidey pics at the statueforum.com. Wonder how long we have to wait until he posts here. hehe

I love that steel town boy's pics. His collection shots are up there with Pixar. :)

I'd say get it. And I'm not saying this because I'm thinking about selling mine, because I actually want to keep him. I think its an awesome piece, and the best part, IMO, is the base!!!! But shop around. Only thing is that it doesn't pop up as much on eBay, so its kinda hard to find. Good luck!

i had the spidey pf exclusive and sold it. you know when you sell something, then later on try to get it back because you regret it. never wanted to with spidey. i must say the negative zone version looks like something i'd want, but with an es of 75 and selling for what it sells for now, i'll pass and use that cash to buy some much more impressive stuff.

Back