Comic Book Icon,Michael Turner Passes Away at 37 ...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wtf!? wow! :(

I loved his artwork 2nd only to Jim Lee

Oh man, that is so sad. 2008 is turning out to be a year of great loss in the entertainment industry. :(

That is young. :google It's a real shame for a young bloke, with so much potential, to die of cancer.

"For anyone who’s met Turner, they’re likely to tell you what a genuinely nice guy he was and how his spirit for life was higher than anyone else they had ever met."

I've noticed that sort of thing more and more, which means I'm likely to live into my 90's. I guess the good do die young.

no doubt man.... i wonder if aspen is going to continue on?

This is another huge loss! He was a very talented guy who was able to accomplish a lot at a young age.

^^^^ CANCER!!!!

37 is so f'n young! At least he did a lot with his time here, and will leave a lasting legacy.

37, way too young. Cancer does suck. Ugh. Atleast he suffers no more.

I hope his family and friends make it through this well...that's who is suffering now.

That's truly terrible news. He was always one of the nicest artists at the conventions. He will be greatly missed.

I met him a while back at the first Wizard World Los Angeles. He was the nicest guy, signed a bunch of comics for me, even the program from that show and posed for a picture with me. When I told him thank you for the signings he said "No thank you for continuing to support me." and smiled.

This is a great loss. He was a great talent whose style was often imitated.

Oh man...R.I.P. Michael Turner

My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends. I remember hearing that he has had a long, long, LONG battle with cancer and to have it pop up so young is TERRIBLE. He was a great talent and I remember when he first got into the spotlight with WITCHBLADE.

Oh man...I thought he had beat it as well. So sad.

We're losing a lot of creative people this year (Winston, Carlin, and now Turner)

Back