Quick NECA Robocop face fix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godaiking

Super Freak
Reaction score
Was bored yesterday and decided to fix the skin section on Robocops face. Changed the skin tone plus tweaked his lips out (with some cheap acrylic paints from Walmart). Here's a pic:

P1011349.jpg

Real quick and easy fix. :joy

-Joe

That looks great. I just started playing around with the cheap Acrylic paints, so I've got some practice ahead of me.

-CJK

Was bored yesterday and decided to fix the skin section on Robocops face. Changed the skin tone plus tweaked his lips out (with some cheap acrylic paints from Walmart). Here's a pic:

P1011349.jpg

Real quick and easy fix. :joy

-Joe

Seriously that shows how good the NECA sculpt really is you made it look even more superb. Could have been a shot from the movie. Great work.

Thanks guys. It really is a good sculpt, but I forgot to mention that I trimmed a few areas on the face, namely the area under the nose and above the upper lip and also the wrinkles to sides of the mouth (they were way too pronounced...made him look like an old man).

-Joe

For a second there I thought I was staring in the face of a 1:1 Robo. That's awesome job. He almost looks real. Now let me send you my robo head and have you paint it for me. Haha.

Thanks again, guys. It's actually a real simple mod.

I don't have any before pics, but it looked just like this before I customized it:

robocop3.jpg

-Joe

This looks really nice, and man Celtic you can't say Neca sucks at paint aps..i went through numerous McFarlane sports figures with pityfull paint jobs and those AVP figures from the first movie where they just used the P2 body..those sucked hard as they are brittle POS in my opinion and the Conan figures sucked ass, brittle again, McFarlane makes good "Spawn" figures..thats about it...and the robocop was good for being the first of many to come but, not good enough as the stupid left handed fist was a dumb move..can't pose that figure good at all.

This looks really nice, and man Celtic you can't say Neca sucks at paint aps..i went through numerous McFarlane sports figures with pityfull paint jobs and those AVP figures from the first movie where they just used the P2 body..those sucked hard as they are brittle POS in my opinion and the Conan figures sucked ass, brittle again, McFarlane makes good "Spawn" figures..thats about it...and the robocop was good for being the first of many to come but, not good enough as the stupid left handed fist was a dumb move..can't pose that figure good at all.

check out McFooFoo's 6" gunslinger spawn
not only does the paint app suck on it, but it's got impurities ALL over it
McF is officially #1 on my sh!it list

This looks really nice, and man Celtic you can't say Neca sucks at paint aps..i .

Yes...yes I can. Cuz its true. I had to go through 5 or 6 Marcus' just to find one that didnt have a lazy Eye. Same with Ash #2. I had to COMPLEATLY repaint the Wolf predator to make it look good. The paint of the unmasked is awful. Yes, I can say NECA's painting is bad. I rarely have paint issues with my McF's. So there. I dont think NECA is all that amazing.

Yes...yes I can. Cuz its true. I had to go through 5 or 6 Marcus' just to find one that didnt have a lazy Eye. Same with Ash #2. I had to COMPLEATLY repaint the Wolf predator to make it look good. The paint of the unmasked is awful. Yes, I can say NECA's painting is bad. I rarely have paint issues with my McF's. So there. I dont think NECA is all that amazing.

Gotta agree with CelticP here. The Necas are nice for the money, but some of them need quite a bit of repainting or detailing (ex: Robocops garishly applied facial paint apps, Alien cartoony looking teeth/gum area, etc).

-Joe

Thank god! I was beginning to think this was an all NECA fan club....I like them fine....but I dont think they're anything special.

Ok so, both have their slip ups with paint aps but, NECA still rules for sculpt and articulation in my book and they get the best licences, McFarlane gets nothing but, silly lines like Dragons(though some are cool) and other reactivated crap from Spawn...NECA is perfecting what McFarlane started.

Yeah, and ruining it. Why do you think McF doesnt do movie lines anymore? The market was FILLED with movie figures, Sota had Now Playing, Neca with Cult Classics, and everything else, Mezco, ect...just because NECA does movie figures, doesnt make them godly. They've made more crap figures then McF's ever had. (and dont talk about the 90's stuff, thats in the past. ).

And let me say this, Gears of War is the most dissapointing series i've bought in a long time. The articulation is so horrible it ruins what is a decent looking figure. The same cannot be said by McF's Halo. Which is amazing. (and dont bring up the scale, thats a smart move, keeps the cost down, and allows for big figures, and vehicals.)

Back