Buffy Tooned Up Maquette Review and Photos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonTD

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I seriously geeked out yesterday when my Buffy animated statue arrived. It seems like I've been waiting for this thing forever! She's even cooler in person than in the photos, and I love that she has a bunch of interchangeable hands. I currently have her displayed holding the pool cue stick in one hand and the stake in the other, but I have a feeling I'll be changing her up every once in a while. I did a full review of the statue on my blog, and I took a few photos to show her off. Here's the review link, if you're interested:

Buffy Tooned Up Maquette Review

And here are a few of the shots, if you just want to cut right to those:

2591524377_d9c00e39e5_b.jpg

2591525935_cfda8bd857_b.jpg

2592367224_215b93e934_b.jpg

2591527879_dca8b21a6c_b.jpg

Oh wonderful shots! You're photography certainly brings the best out in this sculpt.
I wish I could be more enthusiastic about this series, but somehow they just miss the mark for me personally.

Freakin amazing. I wasn't sure I was going to get her but you know what, now that I see here like this, I have to have her, and Willow too!
Thanks for posting, very sweet.

Beautiful pics, very vibrant. I'm passing on this line, but I can see the appeal from this piece. I still think Willow's posture is too atypical, but this Buffy looks pretty neat.

I had to cancel mine because of a bunch of stuff coming at the same time.
I hope to get her in the future.
Awesome pictures!

it still pisses me off that this 'toon never got made.

they could have done so much with the writing talent they had lined up.

it still pisses me off that this 'toon never got made.

they could have done so much with the writing talent they had lined up.

I hear ya, Joss tried, but it just didn't fly. Daytime was no good for it and Primetime wasn't going to take it. Which is stupid!

I seriously geeked out yesterday when my Buffy animated statue arrived. It seems like I've been waiting for this thing forever! She's even cooler in person than in the photos, and I love that she has a bunch of interchangeable hands. I currently have her displayed holding the pool cue stick in one hand and the stake in the other, but I have a feeling I'll be changing her up every once in a while. I did a full review of the statue on my blog, and I took a few photos to show her off. Here's the review link, if you're interested:

Buffy Tooned Up Maquette Review

And here are a few of the shots, if you just want to cut right to those:

2591524377_d9c00e39e5_b.jpg

2591525935_cfda8bd857_b.jpg

2592367224_215b93e934_b.jpg

2591527879_dca8b21a6c_b.jpg

Your pics are gorgeous and do this piece great justice!

cool, she look all cute and Buffy(ish) like, well Buffy, but whats with the whole no pupils thing, its kinda scary.:lol

HL2 Master:whip

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the compliments on the photos, everybody. I've been working on getting better at taking pics, and it's really gratifying to hear the comments :)

cool, she look all cute and Buffy(ish) like, well Buffy, but whats with the whole no pupils thing, its kinda scary.:lol

HL2 Master:whip

Yeah, I never noticed the pupil thing until you mentioned it. Does look really weird without them. Sheesh.

Save me starting a new thread I'll ask here. Has anyone else has issues with the foot pegs? I got mine today and the Holes on the base are too far apart for the pegs to slot into.

I got mine today. I love it, but unfortunately I have to return it because there's a chip in the foot and some of the paint is flaked off. I got it from amazingtoyz.com and now they're sold out so it'll probably be a refund for me.

Has everyone who ordered one of these received it yet? I've had mine saying processing for almost a month now after those emails that stated my CC would be charged.

Just wondering.....

Evan

Back