I've seen The Incredible Hulk Thread... *Spoilers*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grange Wallis

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I've just seen the Incredible Hulk, I'l keep this spoiler free, but give my thoughts about the movie all the same.

WOW! This is the HULK we should have seen in 2003. A much, much better film. Not up there with Superman, Spider-Man 2 or Iron-Man. Even though I personally enjoyed it better than Iron-Man. That's my fault, because I spoiled Iron-Man for myself, stupidly, watching all of the clips for it on the internet.

Anyway, I have to say Ed Norton is great in this movie, really nicely portrayal of Banner and not that annoying, weak Banner that Bana gave us (although I blame Ang Lee for that). Nortons character had some balls and take care of himself if he needed to. Liv Tyler did a great job as Betty (She's really cute in this movie, boys!) and the both of them had fantastic chemistry. I would go as far as say, albeit in a different style, they had as good as chemistry as Christopher Reeve and Margot Kidder as Lois & Clark in the first 2 Superman films. I really brought into the whole Bruce & Betty relationship. General Ross, was overdone & played by Hurt. But everyone else was done really well, except for "Banner's internet friend" Speak about them after everyone else has seen it...

The CGI was mainly good and I found this funny, the Helicopters looked faker than the beasts in the street. All of the cameo and fanboy nods where nice & discreet. I really enjoyed this movie and this it was better than Spider-Man 1 & 3. A good Marvel movie all and all. Worth of a sequel for sure and I hope good word of mouth helps this movie get the box office return it warrants.

And just to clarify, this is a good movie, not a great, fantastic movie... It's just a solid decent HULK film we've wanted to see since 2003! I hope everyone else likes the movie! :)

Finally I'll say this... HOT TOYS WHERE IS MY 1:6th 20" HULK figure??? I need one!!!

Re: I've seen The Incredible Hulk Thread... *Spoiler Free until USA Release Date!*

So I've just seen the Incredible Hulk, I'l keep this spoiler free, but give my thoughts about the movie all the same.

WOW! This is the HULK we should have seen in 2003. A much, much better film. Not up there with Superman, Spider-Man 2 or Iron-Man. Even though I personally enjoyed it better than Iron-Man. That's my fault, because I spoiled Iron-Man for myself, stupidly, watching all of the clips for it on the internet.

Anyway, I have to say Ed Norton is great in this movie, really nicely portrayal of Banner and not that annoying, weak Banner that Bana gave us (although I blame Ang Lee for that). Nortons character had some balls and take care of himself if he needed to. Liv Tyler did a great job as Betty (She's really cute in this movie, boys!) and the both of them had fantastic chemistry. I would go as far as say, albeit in a different style, they had as good as chemistry as Christopher Reeve and Margot Kidder as Lois & Clark in the first 2 Superman films. I really brought into the whole Bruce & Betty relationship. General Ross, was overdone & played by Hurt. But everyone else was done really well, except for "Banner's internet friend" Speak about them after everyone else has seen it...

The CGI was mainly good and I found this funny, the Helicopters looked faker than the beasts in the street. All of the cameo and fanboy nods where nice & discreet. I really enjoyed this movie and this it was better than Spider-Man 1 & 3. A good Marvel movie all and all. Worth of a sequel for sure and I hope good word of mouth helps this movie get the box office return it warrants.

And just to clarify, this is a good movie, not a great, fantastic movie... It's just a solid decent HULK film we've wanted to see since 2003! I hope everyone else likes the movie! :)

Finally I'll say this... HOT TOYS WHERE IS MY 1:6th 20" HULK figure??? I need one!!!

thanks for the review and 20" HT 1/6 Hulk :drool:drool:drool:drool

Re: I've seen The Incredible Hulk Thread... *Spoiler Free until USA Release Date!*

Great review, Grange! I am really looking forward to this tomorrow. And a HT 1/6 Hulk would be just too good to be true!

I will be seeing this tomorrow. Can't wait.

For father's day, I get to see this!

I can't wait to see this, I wish they had early viewing available to the public like IM. It feels like even the movie theaters are expecting a flop not pushing it early.

I can't wait to see this, I wish they had early viewing available to the public like IM. It feels like even the movie theaters are expecting a flop not pushing it early.

It does seem they expect a flop. In my area on Sunday there are only like 6 movie times. Same theater had about 15 for IM.

:rock:rock:rock:rock !!!!

Tomorrow for me.

sunday around lunch for me. i hate crowded theaters.

Here some another thing that I really wanted to mention but forgot to. One of the thinks I loved about this movie is the figure scenes, I won't spoil anything, but it was more the photography. There is none of the super fast Transformer or Bourne 2 & 3 editing. I applaud the filmmaker taking the change by showing some great mid-shots & full body shots of the action and also showing a good couple blows per shot. Which is one of the things that's annoying me about modern action films, You never get to see anything. I love Bourne & Transformers, but the fight scenes where filmed in such quick edits, you sometimes don't know what's is going on. And with Transformers especially I thing they did it to hide the CGI. So I was really happy with that. I can't wait to read everyone else's reviews and see what you all felt about the movie.

I'm going tomorrow afternoon, getting lunch with some co-workers then bailing out for the afternoon to go see Hulk. Got my Hulk and Abomination figures out on my desk :rock

I went to the 12:01 showing tonight and I was really glad that I did. I'm very satisfied with how this film turned out and it kept me entertained from beginning to end. There's not a single moment where you're checking the time. The best part, however, is that you're not stuck waiting 65 minutes to actually SEE the hulk. Ang Lee's flick just dragged on too long.

Anyway, in terms of entertainment and the tragic tale of Bruce Banner's curse of becoming the hulk, this movie gets 4/5 stars. The dialogue was weak at times, but it made up for it with plenty of easter eggs to make any marvel fan happy. Expect to see some familiar faces, a nod to the teaser at the end of Iron Man, and a recognizable tune from the classic TV series.

All in all, I'm really happy with the movie. It leaves some loose ends for a sequel, also! I won't spoil anything though. ^_^

Go see it!!!!

That was pretty good...Much better than the last one...

Shame about the scene with Cap not being in it...

It's meant to be a 3 hour film...

:monkey2

What a GREAT movie!!!!!

This is up there with Iron Man IMO.

It was great and pretty much nonstop from beginnning to end.

The "love" moments also worked really well IMO and had a good score to them.

Perfect cast, good CGI (not perfect), and a good story.

GO HULK!!!!!!

I was on the edge of my seat during those intense battles.

Abomination was also great.

Loved all the Marvel easter eggs too.

Marvel Studios just rules!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back