Whats the shipping likeley to be on the sideshow lifesize wolf predator bust ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uscmhicks

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok a few questions for people outside of the US on this piece .

This will be the first time I'm ordering direct from sideshow and with it being such a huge piece I'm scared. :monkey3
I phoned sideshow up before and they said they have no idea what the shipping or customs charges might be on this beast to the UK.
Now the estimate on my order is $22.00 , as far as I know the word estimate means round about guess right ?.
They also mentioned they won't be able to let me know what the customs charges may be . I have no idea what these usually cost. I have been caught once by customs and that was very recent for a hot toys figure ( which hardly weigh anything for $60.00 . Thats pretty pricey enough. :lol
I'm getting paranoid thinking the customs and shipping charges on this are gonna be more than the actual piece. :banghead
Can anyone help me out because I really really want this but I don't want to pay all payments on flexpay then right at the end get hit with another $1000.00 bill !.:(

Ok a few questions for people outside of the US on this piece .

This will be the first time I'm ordering direct from sideshow and with it being such a huge piece I'm scared. :monkey3
I phoned sideshow up before and they said they have no idea what the shipping or customs charges might be on this beast to the UK.
Now the estimate on my order is $22.00 , as far as I know the word estimate means round about guess right ?.
They also mentioned they won't be able to let me know what the customs charges may be . I have no idea what these usually cost. I have been caught once by customs and that was very recent for a hot toys figure ( which hardly weigh anything for $60.00 . Thats pretty pricey enough. :lol
I'm getting paranoid thinking the customs and shipping charges on this are gonna be more than the actual piece. :banghead
Can anyone help me out because I really really want this but I don't want to pay all payments on flexpay then right at the end get hit with another $1000.00 bill !.:(

I can't imagine it only being $22.00 if it is shipped from the US.

thanks m8 , I'm gonna keep about $300.00 spare I think , this thing looks massive.
Anyone have any idea about customs ?.

Well, I just went to the Wolf Bust page and checked under Specs and it had a Click Here button to click for EU shipping. Because this will be shipping from the UK warehouse, the estimated shipping was only like $29. So maybe your shipping on it will be cheap.:D But you will be getting charged a 17.5% VAT Tax. That's garbage man.

Total with shpping and tax should be like $1092. Not to bad in the end.

estimate though , thats the word I don't like!.
What if I ain't got enough deniro !. Surely they will hang on for a few weeks the bastards ! :lol I'm crossing my fingers now.

Sideshow estimating shipping is a lie, they shouldn't even bother with it. Especially with larger pieces the estimated shipping is way under the actual amount. I believe its false advertising, but thats another story.

For example, the Thing PF for me had an estimate shipping amount of $20. When it shipped it was $57 for shipping. Thankfully I returned him and also got the shipping fee refunded :D.

I never had to pay more than about $50 - $55 for shipping, and I've received quite a few "oversized" items: Hulk PF, 1:1 Bio Mask, Xmen VS #3, HT Power Loader, 1/6 Jabba & his throne, SSC/Weta Sauron Polystone, Grievous PF, ... . All these items are really big. As for the Tax, that's easy: item price + shipping + (item price + shipping x 0,175) = total price.

I never had to pay more than about $50 - $55 for shipping, and I've received quite a few "oversized" items: Hulk PF, 1:1 Bio Mask, Xmen VS #3, HT Power Loader, 1/6 Jabba & his throne, SSC/Weta Sauron Polystone, Grievous PF, ... . All these items are really big. As for the Tax, that's easy: item price + shipping + (item price + shipping x 0,175) = total price.

Well tax only if your in CA, correct? or overseas.

Well, I just went to the Wolf Bust page and checked under Specs and it had a Click Here button to click for EU shipping. Because this will be shipping from the UK warehouse, the estimated shipping was only like $29. So maybe your shipping on it will be cheap.:D But you will be getting charged a 17.5% VAT Tax. That's garbage man.

Total with shpping and tax should be like $1092. Not to bad in the end.

I've always wondered what these shipping prices are actually based upon. All the Medicom 1:6 scale figures I ordered from people in the UK where about £ 12 ($24) for shipping, including tracking and insurance. Yet, when I order a 1:6 scale figure from sideshow - which will be shipped from the EU warehouse - I have to pay about $40... $40!!! for a 1:6 scale figure!! That's almost twice as much. And guess what: I don't even receive the promised tracking info either ("You should expect to receive an email containing tracking information shortly after the product has arrived at the EU Warehouse"...). As far as tracking is concerned, it's a service I pay for, so if I repeatedly don't receive that service, steps should be taken. Either fix the problem, or reduce the price. If you're in a pub, and they make you pay for a beer you have never received, you'd say something, wouldn't you?
Anyway, the only thing that could be a real alternative to these non transparent (high) shipping costs, would be a "pile of loot" service, like BBTS offers it.
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/content.aspx?content=4
Usually, (so, not always) the Sideshow customer service does all they can to combine orders, and that really helps. Unfortunately, it is hard to stomach that they don't deliver this service always. Especially, with the high shipping rates they charge. A company like SSC, should be able to offer this service to their customers always. At least to their international and European customers. THAT would be a real sign of consumer friendliness. Maybe we should start a petition, and see where it get's us. Sideshow once said that they appreciate our business, so...

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=2520

I appreciate the steps taken by SSC to make things better for the EU collectors, but I don't see much improvement: I pay more, and I don't receive the items any faster than before.

Alice, does that $40 include VAT or are you charged that separartely??

Also, when they ship from the UK warehouse, what service are they using? When I get stuff here in the US, I get it by FedEx with tracking number and everything.

I'm sure this is easier here because they have a deal with all the shipping they do, but they must have some kind of similar deal there in the EU??

As for not getting a tracking number when they tell you that you will, I'd be kinda pissed and definitley call SSC CS. That's crap.

And the Turkish do not pay EU VAT Tax, along with the Jersey, Guernsey, Norway, Switzerland, Croatia and Gibraltar. It's in the link to my Click Here button from my above post.

Last edited:
Alice, does that $40 include VAT or are you charged that separartely??

Just as an illustration:

12-inch RAH Baoh
------------
Sub Total: $174.99
Discount: - $0.00
Freight: $42.79
VAT/Sales Tax: $38.11
------------
Invoice Total: $255.89

$255 for ONE 12" figure...

14" SCE Predator 2 - Battle Da
------------
Sub Total: $129.99
Discount: - $0.00
Freight: $42.79
VAT/Sales Tax: $30.24
------------
Invoice Total: $203.02

Yeah... I can
already hear some people say: "Stop complaining! Just stop collecting and your problems are solved."
Regardless, and it might be hard to comprehend, but most of the European resellers do even charge more than that!! So, for me, it's the cheapest solution after all. Sideshow also offers a great customer service, in case something arrives broken, and, to be frank, they have never let me down when I had an issue with their stuff. I just wish they would come up with a descent solution for those shipping prises. Like I said, pile of loot!

Damn! My Medicom Old Snake was like $197.?? shiped to me in California. You had to pay almost $65 more for a similar figure!! Hell, when I ship USPS Priority to UK and beyond, most fiugres don't cost above $30. But that is before VAT. And I will put a lower price on a figure if my EU brethern ask, but I don't like to incase somehting happens in transit. I know that USMCHicks just had to pay like $60 in VAT for what I sent him.

Back