Clark Gable lifesize bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryanfromindiana

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I regularly check ebay for 1:1 and lifesize busts....this sweet Clark Gable bust has been listed for a looooong time and I see it just about every day. I had originally thought that it would fit very well in Gruson's museum and considered buying it for him but the price was a bit steep. Now Gruson has kind of sold off a large part of his collection, so i figured Bannister would appreciate such a thoughtful and beautiful gift, but alas the price was still a bit too high. I emailed the seller and pointed out that I have noticed it has been listed for a very long time and would take it off of their hands for a very reasonable offer. I never heard back from them and have been obviously heartbroken and thinking of the joy that this would have brought my fellow collector it just makes me sadder. I try to ask a question about it every week to make sure they know I'm still interested and hopefully will one day crack. I have asked if his lips were originally white or if they had them custom painted. I have asked if the Diet Coke can was included. I have asked why his eyes don't have any pupils and are black like when Willow gets all buck-wild casting a spell and so forth. I thought my fellow freaks might also enjoy a picture of this beauty and join me in hoping that this tough as nails seller will soon break and sell me this beautiful piece.

75254030_o1.jpg

My god... I hope Gruson doesn't see this. I think it would make him chuck all of his others 1:1 items as they all clearly pale in comparison.

Breathtaking is the only word for it, breathtaking :monkey2:monkey2

I know! The only part that is a bit weak, and it's really nitpicking is the way the base just looks like a random wad of clay painted blue and shoved under his chin/beautiful moustache.

Actually I think that is a rare gemstone... I think its suckillium if I'm not mistaken. Very expensive, and really the only thing that could compliment such a fine artwork.

My god... I hope Gruson doesn't see this. I think it would make him chuck all of his others 1:1 items as they all clearly pale in comparison.

Breathtaking is the only word for it, breathtaking :monkey2:monkey2

I'm sure he'll be buying this to flip it fairly soon. :lol

I also think those eyebrows may go all the way around it. Every time I look at it there is something new to appreciate.

How is this not sold out already?!? Although I can't buy it... I don't believe I'm personally worthy of such a piece :bow :bow :bow

Sideshow could learn a lesson from this piece. Especially the beautiful flat-finish of the skin tones. Is this a Yulli sculpt?

Sideshow could learn a lesson from this piece. Especially the beautiful flat-finish of the skin tones. Is this a Yulli sculpt?

Amen to that...and let's be honest...has Sideshow gotten a moustache right yet? IT IS SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE 2 HUGE BLACK LEECHES ON THE UPPER LIP! Is that too much to ask?

Back