Marmit Sandtrooper, out of the box.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ragacin

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi all,
Nothing all that spectacular here, just got my Sandtrooper all together. I was able to use the Marmit body, but I had to heat the armor parts up to a rubbery consistancy with a hair dryer to get the parts on the figure. I plan on redoing the weathering and getting a Hasbro Dewback to go with him. Been on a Sandtrooper kick lately :)

SandtrooperSergeantMarmit1.jpg

SandtrooperSergeantMarmit2.jpg

SandtrooperSergeantMarmit4.jpg

i like the marmit st as well. i customized mine by adding dragon bodies to them. i got tired of the forearms falling off and ankles not being articulated. and he does look excellent on a dewback. the dewback was what wanted me to get a marmit in the first place.
btw did you place the backpack on upside down for a reason?

I assembled 2 at the weekend, all new weathering and they look great.

I say use the DID body, its perfect for these kits and is taller and cheaper than the dargon.

I assembled 2 at the weekend, all new weathering and they look great.

I say use the DID body, its perfect for these kits and is taller and cheaper than the dargon.

you are right on the DID body.........the 2nd one i made had the DID body and seemed to fit better.

I used the DiD on mine as well, I still need to alter the boots though so he can have some ankle articulation.

I used the DiD on mine as well, I still need to alter the boots though so he can have some ankle articulation.

Question for the customizers:

Is there an easy way to get the insert out of the Marmit Stormtrooper Sergeant helmet? Thanks

nayo

Looks fantastic! This reminds me that I hope Sideshow places the small gap below the black head band. It really adds to the aesthetics for some reason.

Great looking figure and with some light modifications it will look amazing no doubt. Id recommend picking up a metal MG-34 and a cloth MP-40 pouch as they will enhance the realism.

Looks good and will look even better with some custom-weathering. You should buy that Les Walker repaint of the Dewback if he hasn't sold it already! That would be awesome.

Did Marmit ever do a scout trooper? Or hell even Medicom?

Marmit, no. Medicom? Not yet.

I'm currently working on a Marmit Sandtrooper using a DID body. I thought I'd try using the bendy hands with cloth gloves.

89kfy1f.jpg

86oru3m.jpg

8acglu9.jpg

7yml3mf.jpg

72uou87.jpg

86pb58o.jpg

I removed the original CrApPy weathering. I'll be repainting the armor as soon as time permits. :monkey1

I absolutely love your Marmit TDs man, awesome work!!!! The Marmit TDs are the best option out there for an accurate sixthscale Sandtropoer in my opinion.

One of these figs is definatley on my wishlist, not only because they look great but there is also a tremendous scope for customising and upgrading them. Great work once again, an inspiration.

Great job on your Trooper, TK. The original weathering definitely had to go. Marmit is the way to go. I had one years ago and ended up selling it. I regret that move now.

I did WANT Les' Dewback really bad I just couldn't swing the $ :(. But I did turn this up at the Flea Market this weekend for $25 :)

SandtrooperSergeantMarmitonHasbroDewback1.jpg

(just the Dewback in the pic was $25 ;)

Great job on your Trooper, TK. The original weathering definitely had to go. Marmit is the way to go. I had one years ago and ended up selling it. I regret that move now.

Finished up building my Marmit Sandtrooper over the weekend. Used a Hot Toys True Type body, added the ball joint feet and used some repainted Hot Toys TACP glove hands combined with the armor plates from the Marmit hands. To my point...what is the best way to remove the original weathering from the armor? Thanks

Nayo

To my point...what is the best way to remove the original weathering from the armor? Thanks

Nayo

Lightly blot with an acetone dabbed rag or Q-Tip. Make certain to keep using a clean (still acetone soaked) portion of rag otherwise you'll reapply what has been lifted. Take your time and it can all be removed safely.

Not a Sandtrooper but my first Marmit none the less.

I considered using DiD bendies with the short black gloves on my Stormtrooper wip like TK, but the hands looked too big IMO. I tried experimenting with Dragon bendies (molded gloves) instead, the Body is a Hot Toys True Type, so there's a bit of work needed to mate Dragon hands to HT pegs. Overall I like it better this way, I need to paint the gloves black and figure out how to permanently attach the armor on them (they're stuck with blue tack at the moment).

p1020656vy1.jpg

He goes well with my modified HT body Rebel trooper (who looks like he needs to be at some other photo shoot).

Back