Elvira License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fritz

My muse is a fickle b**ch
Reaction score
Is it safe to assume that the lack of a dedicated thread to the new Elvira license speaks volumes to the popularity of this license? Am I the only one that was surprised by this announcement (not including the hints we had the last few days). Is there really a market for this type of product?

I'm just asking. :monkey3

IMG_0702.jpg

Ohh..my wife and I are ready...huge fans of Elvira and it will really be nice to see another statue of her, other than the fantastic Electric Tiki tooned up version.

Evan

I could care less about it. I am sure some will be happy as there seems to be some fans for just about any line, but I am a little surprised to see R&D put into a license that will be for a very nitch crowd. The PF may sell ok based on her tig ol' bitties, but I don't see the need or desire for a large line of varied figures and statues.

Sideshow has said time and time again licenses like Starwars and Marvel let them do smaller licenses that are sometimes pet projects, not really sure millions of dollars went into RD for Elvira :monkey1

Evan

Kind of ironic that they've been playing up Vampira so much this Spooktacular. I just heard Cassandra Peterson on the radio talking about how Vampira sued her early in Elvira's career (and lost).

I like the character of Elvira and I've met Ms. Peterson a couple of times - very funny and nice person, despite being a PETA-head. I'd probably get a PF if the pose is cool.

Kind of ironic that they've been playing up Vampira so much this Spooktacular. I just heard Cassandra Peterson on the radio talking about how Vampira sued her early in Elvira's career (and lost).

I like the character of Elvira and I've met Ms. Peterson a couple of times - very funny and nice person, despite being a PETA-head. I'd probably get a PF if the pose is cool.

I didn't watch the recent movie about Vampira, but I had heard that Elvira was interviewed in the film and was pretty honest about her admiration for Vampira.

It's funny I've met Elvira three times now, twice as Elvira and once as Cassandra and she was very funny in an goofy late night tv way as Elvira and very sweet and talkative as Cassandra.

Evan

I think this has some really interesting possibilities. especially in the PF realm.

This is one of my fav licenses we've picked up in a looong time. Totally sexy and fun...

I'm glad to see this license announced. I've wanted an Elvira for my collection for a long time, and nearly bought several garage kits, but always backed off to wait for a really good facial likeness. If they're doing statues (big), maquettes (bigger) and PFs (biggest), one of them has to look like her. My wife will probably let me display her at Halloween...:cool:

I think this is a good license for SS. Very much a niche product but it would make a great PF. I can see displaying it on Halloween between the Freddy and Jason PF figures for sure. So if it s PF I will gladly take one.

Kind of ironic that they've been playing up Vampira so much this Spooktacular.
Exactly!

With her hosting the podcast, and the glowing write-up she received in the production blog, I was all geared-up for some Vampira product!

Maila Nurmi's Vampira character was the archetype for the aloof, world-weary yet beguiling vamp, and it would have been nice to see her get some well-deserved and long-overdue recognition for her unique contribution to the genre.

I wonder if Sideshow approached her about licensing and couldn't come to terms?

I can see a good pf of Elvira, but I think a 12" would be horrible. The sideshow female body is far from sexxy.

This is confusing. Last month there was a PF style Elvira displayed at the Chiller Theatre. A friend was there and said that it was suppose to be a licensed statue that was about to go into production. Is Sideshow distributing this PF for the other company, or are there going to be two different to chose from??? This is the only picture I could find on the web from the show.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/moistvomit/1527336315/

The Elvira piece shown at Chiller was a 1/4 scale piece being produced by Amok Time toys. I have no idea if SS is going to handle this piece or not. That is the same company that's doing the 1/6 scale NOTLD figures........Larry

Exactly!

I wonder if Sideshow approached her about licensing and couldn't come to terms?

Well, I'd never heard of Vampira except from Ed Wood - but I think everyone knows who Elvira is. I don't know that Vampira would have been that commercially viable.

You must not have paid attention to the end of Ed Wood, since they said it there.:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

It will go good with the Jason and Freddy fans who collect the premiere fig...er statues, but not for me. I'd pass on Vampira too, although I would pick her up as a 1/6 possable figure, and a Bela and Tor to go with her.

I wish Sideshow also had the 12" figure license even though it wouldn't look right with the current Female Buck. Hopefully when they develop a new female bod, they'll pick that part of the license up.

Back