Paypal questions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwayne

Super Freak
Reaction score
How easy is it to accept money via Paypal? I am looking to sell some items and want to give the option to pay this way. I know some on the boards are wary of paying with money orders and others have had horrible issues with Paypal receiving their payment. I do have a Paypal account that I use for ebay, but is that all I need?

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.

How easy is it to accept money via Paypal? I am looking to sell some items and want to give the option to pay this way. I know some on the boards are wary of paying with money orders and others have had horrible issues with Paypal receiving their payment. I do have a Paypal account that I use for ebay, but is that all I need?

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.

that's all you need. a premier account is needed to receive more than $500 per 30 days.

Yeah, if you want someone to pay you with paypal just give them the email address that you have on your paypal account and they can send you money, just like with Ebay.

Thanks everyone. You guys (& girls) are the best!

:mexwave

Ok, next question would be how do I get the money? Does it go toward my credit card on file or what?

Last edited:
I have mine connected with my bank card, so when I want to get the money out of my paypal account I just go to withdraw and then choose the amount I want to take out which they will send to my bank account. I don't know what they do for credit cards though, probably just add to your credit balance.

Just be aware of the 3-4% fee that paypal takes out of any payment received :monkey2

NOPPAL2.JPG

I didn't want to create a new topic for this, but I'm a paypal newbie. I want to sell on ebay here soon, and I basically have to offer it...so.....

I've sold on ebay plenty of times before, but my mother and I shared an account (under her name). She passed away last year and of course I can no longer use it...... So I had to re-register.

I don't want my paypal account connected to my actual bank account in any way, so I'd planned to open up a separate checking account and put some money into it to use for paypal fees and transactions.

I guess my two questions are:

01) Can I simply open up another account at my bank for the purpose of using paypal? Should I open up one at a different bank? I'm extremely paranoid about my normal checking accounts being online. I want to make sure there's no way for the new account to be connected to my regular one.

02) Do I have to put a credit card on file? I would much rather have the money transferred from the checking account than ever pay with my credit card. I would rather not put my credit card online.

Any help/advice would be appreciated. I've been to the paypal site, but I thought this would be a good place to ask.

Back