Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Sideshow Freaks
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Super Freak
    Feedback
    Default Re: Toys Works - Spiritual Leader (Morpheus)

Shape looks great! Would like a little more mirror finish like he said.

©Fly, All rights reserved
    Feedback
    27 (100%)
    I like them, so far. Definitely needs more polishing on the lenses. The mirrored effect is a must.
    -------------------------------------------------
    A good discussion is like a miniskirt; Short enough to maintain interest and long enough to cover the subject.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyAndFight View Post
    I like them, so far. Definitely needs more polishing on the lenses. The mirrored effect is a must.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ijUMdVWrjjkJBy4gCmcRdP-1200-80.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	483360

Yeah, they appear to be a black mirror finish too as opposed to an actual mirror finish, if that makes sense. But I have no idea what's possible at the scale.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    14 (100%)
    Yeah I'm not really a fan of the bright silver either. If a mirror finish isn't possible then I'd prefer just a very shiny and polished black.

Quote Originally Posted by dukefett View Post
    Shape looks great! Would like a little more mirror finish like he said.
    Quote Originally Posted by dukefett View Post

Name:	ijUMdVWrjjkJBy4gCmcRdP-1200-80.jpg 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	483360

Yeah, they appear to be a black mirror finish too as opposed to an actual mirror finish, if that makes sense. But I have no idea what's possible at the scale.
    Quote Originally Posted by davejames View Post
    Yeah I'm not really a fan of the bright silver either. If a mirror finish isn't possible then I'd prefer just a very shiny and polished black.
    Hey, guys. I am going to update the prototypes. My original mirror finish got dulled pretty badly when I did a clear coat, which I wasn't expecting. I shouldn't have posted the photos.

From what I can tell in the film they truly are a silver mirror finish. However I will do both a silver mirror and gloss black. Side by side photos will follow. Hang tight and let's decide what works best.
    My Shapeways Shop: Hidden Content

My customs Facebook page: Hidden Content

Here are the updated Morpheus glasses prototypes.

The first version was too dull. These two prototypes are a plain gloss black and a mirrored black. Thoughts? I think mirrored black looks best.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

©Fly, All rights reserved
    Feedback
    27 (100%)

I'm leaning towards the mirrored black but would be happy with the glossy black as well.
    -------------------------------------------------
    A good discussion is like a miniskirt; Short enough to maintain interest and long enough to cover the subject.

They both look great, DoggieDoc!

I'm leaning towards the mirrored black but would be happy with the glossy black as well.
    Thanks! Waiting to hear other opinions.

And just fyi on pricing these will be cheaper than normal given the production needs. They don't have nearly the fabrication annoyances that the Neo glasses did...oof.

Both gloss black and mirror black are very similar in terms of production. I may try one more finish but I'm quite happy with both of these. Im not opposed to doing your choice if you prefer one over the other. It's a little more annoying to keep track of but not a huge bother really.

And don't worry about them falling off. They're so light that they're actually quite resilient. The magnet in this head is crazy weak though but without actual flesh to grip there's not a practical solution outside of magnetic attachment other than wax or tack or whatever.

Anyway.... I'm thinking these will only be $45 or so. As always I'll come up with some fun little packaging.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Torturer of OCD
    Feedback
    6 (100%)

I'm torn on the glasses myself. There's moments in the movie where the glasses look black and where they look mirrored. Many of the close-ups have a character with a black background so they'll be clear in the lens, like the photo Dukefett posted -- odd background in the lenses considering he's outside.

The only thing that distracts me with the mirrored black is that they look like fisheyes in that straight-on photo. Not sure if that's a result of the camera taking the picture or what. Decisions...

I might just go with whatever Doggie thinks looks best in hand. I mean, he's studied these enough that I trust his judgment.
    Hidden Content
    Freaks Dilemma: desperate need for completion vs. desire for perfection

Super Freak
    Feedback
    14 (100%)
    Wow, really love how smooth you got those looking! Personally the black feels truer to the movie to me, and is how I remember them best. Even if that's only because they were mostly reflecting back darkness in those scenes.

Name:	063c1932daa29b83cd6ae3731d1df616.jpg 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	483391