DX06 Vs DX15 Jack Sparrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whishey

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hello I have bought a Dx06 and a DX15

I got the DX06 for 250$ and the DX15 for 270$

I like things about both trying to decide which one will go..

DX15 I'm not big on the base. Great sculpt, Newer
DX06: like the smirk, like the rudder Wheel

Accessories are great on both

Considering all factors even value for piece can someone help me choose lol I keep going back and forth

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Dx06 i think is the better figure overall, but you are in the a better position to judge having both, 4 me the real hair throws it off and i think the sculpt is not as good, thats my two cents.

No offense, but I honestly never understand these threads. Keep want you want and sell the rest. Selling one is never easy, as I have sold half my collection many times over. And everytime I rebought a figure I thought I regretted selling, was always one of the first to go the next time. Only you can decide which you like better and in the end. Regardless of what anyone says, you will sell the one you personally think you do not want.

With that said, I sold my DX06 before I sold my DX15 for these reasons:
-HT actually painted the skin tone on the DX15 (faces, chest/neck, forearms), whereas the DX06 is just colored plastic. The paint work altogether on the DX15 is more detailed.
-The moving eyes are more fluid on the DX15 than the DX06
-DX15 coat, compass and vest are more accurate than the DX06
-DX15 hands are more proportional than the DX06 which are a little too large/out of scale.
-I felt the face sculpts were more accurate on the DX15. Many ppl feel otherwise, but as someone who has sculpted Johnny Depp, DX15 was more accurate for me.
-I prefer the boots on DX15 but you can?t really go wrong with either.
-Properly futzed the fabric hair mixed with the sculpted hair can look amazing. Some ppl can not futz and it looks awful. I used hair wax to get it to lay right but a couple rounds of water could work just as fine. Ultimately this is personal preference

However,
-DX06 hat is better but neither are accurate
-DX06 main pistol is more accurate in color
-DX06 shirt is more accurate. DX15 looks kind of grey.
-Black Pearl display base is pretty awesome and more iconic than the DX15 water/shark base
-Black Pearl in the bottle has an aqua tint to it on the DX06, which I like more vs the clear bottle on the DX15

Hope this helps but ultimately it is your decision.

PS: this thread should have been in the Disney Section

DX15 is better.

The biggest improvement is scale. The head and clothing and hands are much better sized. Overall details are also just better.

No offense, but I honestly never understand these threads. Keep want you want and sell the rest. Selling one is never easy, as I have sold half my collection many times over. And everytime I rebought a figure I thought I regretted selling, was always one of the first to go the next time. Only you can decide which you like better and in the end. Regardless of what anyone says, you will sell the one you personally think you do not want.

With that said, I sold my DX06 before I sold my DX15 for these reasons:
-HT actually painted the skin tone on the DX15 (faces, chest/neck, forearms), whereas the DX06 is just colored plastic. The paint work altogether on the DX15 is more detailed.
-The moving eyes are more fluid on the DX15 than the DX06
-DX15 coat, compass and vest are more accurate than the DX06
-DX15 hands are more proportional than the DX06 which are a little too large/out of scale.
-I felt the face sculpts were more accurate on the DX15. Many ppl feel otherwise, but as someone who has sculpted Johnny Depp, DX15 was more accurate for me.
-I prefer the boots on DX15 but you can?t really go wrong with either.
-Properly futzed the fabric hair mixed with the sculpted hair can look amazing. Some ppl can not futz and it looks awful. I used hair wax to get it to lay right but a couple rounds of water could work just as fine. Ultimately this is personal preference

However,
-DX06 hat is better but neither are accurate
-DX06 main pistol is more accurate in color
-DX06 shirt is more accurate. DX15 looks kind of grey.
-Black Pearl display base is pretty awesome and more iconic than the DX15 water/shark base
-Black Pearl in the bottle has an aqua tint to it on the DX06, which I like more vs the clear bottle on the DX15

Hope this helps but ultimately it is your decision.

PS: this thread should have been in the Disney Section
Thanks good breakdown of it helped me out thanks man

Thanks good breakdown of it helped me out thanks man

No problem. Depp is one of my favorite actors and I know a lot about his character costumes. I used to have a custom collection of every Tim Burton character he's been as well as every version f Jack Sparrow.

No problem. Depp is one of my favorite actors and I know a lot about his character costumes. I used to have a custom collection of every Tim Burton character he's been as well as every version f Jack Sparrow.
Wow that's awesome!!

I know thing that kills me wish the wheel came with the DX15 I'm not huge on the base .. sucks there is one something about each one I like but yeah the 15 is pretty sick

Wow that's awesome!!

I know thing that kills me wish the wheel came with the DX15 I'm not huge on the base .. sucks there is one something about each one I like but yeah the 15 is pretty sick

Why not just sell the DX06 minus the Black Pearl wheel? and sell then DX15 shark base separately? That would solve your problem

Why not just sell the DX06 minus the Black Pearl wheel? and sell then DX15 shark base separately? That would solve your problem
Intresting idea I don't know if anyone would buy the dx06 without the wheel bit maybe it would work! Maybe I'll see if I can find someone Intrested cause yeah I'd sell the base of Dx15 if anyone is interested

I don’t own DX15, but from the pics I rate it better than DX06. I’d swap mine for the more recent one in a heartbeat. The wheel dio would be an easy build.

I don?t own DX15, but from the pics I rate it better than DX06. I?d swap mine for the more recent one in a heartbeat. The wheel dio would be an easy build.
Thanks man getting a pretty good consensus that DX15 is the one guess I could always look for a wheel

No comparison -- the DX15 head is so lifelike and so Johnny Depp. I have both.

If you have to get one, get the DX15.

If you have the DX06 -- sell it and get the DX15.

I just purchased the DX 15 head placed it on my DX06 and called it a day!!! No need to double dip on the same figure.

Yeah, I'd like to buy the DX 15 serious head. I prefer the DX06 smiley face overall, but the DX15 serious face is so great, but I haven't had any luck finding one on ebay.

I just purchased the DX 15 head placed it on my DX06 and called it a day!!! No need to double dip on the same figure.
Really I heard it didn't fit as well? Is that true ?

I have the dx15 with the rudder wheel from The dx06. I found the rudder wheel few years ago on ebay and got it for a good price.

Back