Sideshow Speeder Bike question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamielov

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anyone have any feedback on this? Mostly wondering how it scales when paired with a Hot Toy figure. I currently have my biker scout figure on a cheap hasbro speeder bike, but I think its a bit too big. I cant exactly remember, but I thought I remembered an old post about the Sideshow one running a littlr small?

Any thoughts or feedback is definitely appreciated!

It may be a touch undersized, but it looks awesome on the shelf. I have no complaints and I am pondering getting another to go with Endor Luke. It does seem very fragile, though. I’m sure it can be nitpicked to death, but for me, I give it a thumbs up.

It may be a touch undersized, but it looks awesome on the shelf. I have no complaints and I am pondering getting another to go with Endor Luke. It does seem very fragile, though. I’m sure it can be nitpicked to death, but for me, I give it a thumbs up.

Very much appreciated! Thank you for your summary!!!

Just picked the original SS Ex version from eBay for $199 shipped.....smallish or not rather decent bargain

Once you get it, maybe you can check in here and give your opinion? Id definitely be interested in your take on it.

Bike has always looked excellent to me. I got it with a v2 Biker Scout just under a year ago and I'll echo the sentiments of others in that it can be a little fragile especially when working the handlebars, but it looks truly excellent. I've never regretted getting either of them.

I've not actually tried a HT figures on it although a couple of Elf on a Shelf took it or a joyride last Christmas

Bike has always looked excellent to me. I got it with a v2 Biker Scout just under a year ago and I'll echo the sentiments of others in that it can be a little fragile especially when working the handlebars, but it looks truly excellent. I've never regretted getting either of them.

I've not actually tried a HT figures on it although a couple of Elf on a Shelf took it or a joyride last Christmas

That fragility I think is whats going to keep me from picking it up. It probably looks nowhere as good as the SS version, but my cheap hasbro one does the trick I suppose, and I dont really worry about damaging it. Its just cheap plastic.

IMG_20190726_163952.jpg

Just some quick shots of the Hasbro version
I always think who's going to see it and immediately think "that's slightly too big compared to the screen version"
Looks great and use the money on another figure. I've got the Hasbro speeder and intend to use the eventual HT Scout on it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Just some quick shots of the Hasbro version

My two Hasbro are currently still printed but in pieces. Now I've got my new Airbrush and Compressor I may get round to spraying them up and weathering them close to the SSC. The smaller of the Hasbro bikes is very similar in size to the SSC but has less detailing than the larger one. I'll see how they both look when done.

I always think who's going to see it and immediately think "that's slightly too big compared to the screen version"
Looks great and use the money on another figure. I've got the Hasbro speeder and intend to use the eventual HT Scout on it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yeah, that honestly makes the most sense. Im thinking if it were grossly undersized or oversized in scale with the figure, it would bother me more, but as a cheap little prop to use with my figures, I guess it actually is pretty good, or at least good enough to not justify buying another one from SS.

Yeah, that honestly makes the most sense. Im thinking if it were grossly undersized or oversized in scale with the figure, it would bother me more, but as a cheap little prop to use with my figures, I guess it actually is pretty good, or at least good enough to not justify buying another one from SS.

I think it's Talibane who has a really nicely painted up Hasbro. Upon seeing that I thought if I'd have had something like that first I may not have bothered with the SSC. I think I just had points or got a deal somehow because I do seem to remember just taking the plunge very suddenly.

I think the Sideshow speeder bike is terrific and well worth the money, especially if you can find one under retail. It was selling for $400+ once sold out until they reissued it. Now is a great time to grab it with Sideshow getting out of 1/6 and great Endor figures like Luke, Leia, and Wicket on the way. Even if/when HT makes Scouts I wouldn't count on speeder bikes as a sure thing.

The SSC bike looks fantastic and one of my favorite pieces. I’m not sure it’s too small actually, I think it’s more like the SSC scout is a little clunky and a more narrow HT figure would make the bike look perfect. Only the handlebars are a bit undersized I believe.
It takes a lot of futzing to make the scout cringe tightly to the bike as he should - which makes the bike look the right size. It’s hard to make a limited articulated body fit like this without making it seem big as in real life the body would be sitting flush to the bike. So with the bike being the right size the body will always seem a bit big I believe.
I have seen the scout on a Hasbro bike by a fellow collector and I find that one looking way too big and out of scale.
This is my SSC version:
6c5592860d58301e8627943e69bd941e.jpg

The SSC bike looks fantastic and one of my favorite pieces. I’m not sure it’s too small actually, I think it’s more like the SSC scout is a little clunky and a more narrow HT figure would make the bike look perfect. Only the handlebars are a bit undersized I believe.
It takes a lot of futzing to make the scout cringe tightly to the bike as he should - which makes the bike look the right size. It’s hard to make a limited articulated body fit like this without making it seem big as in real life the body would be sitting flush to the bike. So with the bike being the right size the body will always seem a bit big I believe.
I have seen the scout on a Hasbro bike by a fellow collector and I find that one looking way too big and out of scale.
This is my SSC version:
6c5592860d58301e8627943e69bd941e.jpg

Nice photo! I’m really debating getting this, but I just don’t think I have the room for it. My cabinets are already full, and I still have 7 figures on the way. I also haven’t displayed the praetorian guards. I might need to rent a small apartment to store my collection.

Was curious if anyone who currently has one of these could measure out the length of it?

Back