Disney Live Action Little Mermaid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ehollywood

Super Freak
Reaction score
the_little_mermaid_ariel_casting_halle_bailey.jpg

6URAUYKQVZBNVLWD4DBFWJC7RM.jpg

Halle Bailey tapped to play Ariel in Disney’s next live-action adaptation of “The Little Mermaid.”

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/little-mermaid-halle-bailey-chloe-x-halle-1203234294/

She can act and has an amazing voice, they won't have to over auto-tuned her vocals like they had to do with Emma Watson. I thought Sadie Sink would be a good casting choice but I guess Disney knows what they are doing.

I remember watching one of their first big live action remakes, "Cinderella," and the Prince's best friend was a black guy. It was such obvious tokenism that it completely ruined what little immersion there was as if there was an actual record scratch in the soundtrack for me to go "Whaaat?" to.

Oh well. Disney's gonna Disney. They don't care. They could lose money for the next 50 years and still be the most powerful corporation in the entertainment industry.

I read the announcement a few times and my brain kept changing her name to "Halle Berry" :LOL

The only live-action that has really caught my attention is The Lion King but I'm willing to wait for an actual trailer before being swayed one way or another.

I'm not surprised they chose a black actress.But considering the story takes place in the Atlantic ocean, couldn't they have hired a Hispanic actress like Ana de Armas if they wanted "diversity?" That way the character still looks accurate to the cartoon and it's regionally accurate and"diverse." Too much to ask from Hollywood. Oh well, she can always get a role as a house made or sassy latina.

Pick one.

Also do we know if Ana can sing?

Will Smith was excellent as the Genie in Aladdin

Big shoes to fill but IMO he made that film

They should get Octavia Spencer to play Ursula.

Who should play Sebastian?

Tituss from Kimmy Schmidt?

screen_shot_2016-04-18_at_11.55.12_am.png

I think he would do a great job as Sebastian or Ursula

Disney-Villains.jpg

Australian-based digital artist Jirka Väätäinen has recreated your favourite Disney villains in a collection of realistic drawings.

Back