What's your favorite franchise?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's your favorite franchise?

• Star Wars

Votes: 17 41.5%
  • The Matrix

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Star Trek

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Terminator

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • The Lord of the Rings

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Pirates of the Caribbean

• Superman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Batman

• Spider-Man

• X-Men

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Prime Clone

Super Freak
Reaction score
Time to vote on your favorite franchise. This can be based on the movies, comics, novels, video games, collectibles, whatever. And tell us why it's your fave.

Since I'm limited to 10 options, I've used a combination of my favorites and currently popular ones. Feel free to take me to task if I've left out your favorite!

Ones that just missed the cut: Indiana Jones, Aliens, Predator, RoboCop, Harry Potter.

Last edited:
Star Wars. Most likely because of the nostalgia associated with it.

Outlander said:
Good point. That one totally slipped my mind. Plus I fear the list is too superhero-heavy. Maybe we can have a play-off between the top five and another five.

Thats ok. Highlander was really a saga of one movie. The rest sucked. :monkey3

LOTR - it is rare that a series of films can be both entertaining, fun and of high artistic quality at the same time. Very few of the so-called franchises can meet the test of being "good films". LOTR had everything in spades and then some.

gideon said:
LOTR - it is rare that a series of films can be both entertaining, fun and of high artistic quality at the same time. Very few of the so-called franchises can meet the test of being "good films". LOTR had everything in spades and then some.
I actually agree with this. I am sure this would not happen if we were asked who our favorite sports fanchises were.:lol

Man, this one was close!! LOTR is a far better group of films, but because of the nostalgia and what it taught me as a child... I had to go with Star Wars.

The SW saga kept me sane through all the rough spots in my life and while LOTR kept me afloat mentally when I was in the Navy, it can't compare to the impact SW had on me.

Far better films and I loved every second of them, but SW is bigger in my mind. :monkey1

:fireworks :vader :fireworks

It's the nostalgia factor. When your earliest (and most vivid) childhood memory (literally) is sitting in a darkened theatre with your father and older brother watching ANH then that's always going to hold a special place in your heart.

From the list I voted Terminator.

But I think the Friday the 13th franchise my be my fav. I love horror movies above all else.

Back