Scarface international life-size bust ???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siona

Super Freak
Reaction score
gambit said:
Plus, everyone was deceived with the ES of 60 in the first place

What was deceptive about the ES of 60? I hope I didn't miss something?

I am not big on this international jive either.

LOTRFan said:
What was deceptive about the ES of 60? I hope I didn't miss something?

SS sold him and the ES was announced as 60 previously. Now obviously the ES will be higher.
as I am not going to flip him the price point doesn't interest me however, I do not find it ethical to change the ES or making new costume special to sell more of a product.

Oh I see what you mean, but they didn't change the ES - they added an international exclusive.

Not saying that I like it, I just wanted clarification.

I'd love to see more interesting exclusives for the UK market, there's so much we lose out on, least of all the comic conventions that hit the US every year, I'd love to see the SDCC but it'll never happen.

And yes the ex rate is a killer for us it really is.

They'll probably release a black suit/white shirt version.

I agree this is not a good practice for Sideshow to start. Collectors can become very cynical whenever a new low ES is announced if an International Version could be released later.

If true, Sideshow pulled a "Bait and Switch" with Collectors and I am one.

Bait us with an ES of 60, Switch it to the same Bust with different paint scheme on Collar and Jacket to make a higher ES after it sold out. This kind of crap pisses me off to no end.

This is no longer an Exclusive LE SSC Scarface Bust.

This item was offered to a worldwide market, not restricted to US which makes this Unethical IMO.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=2931

Last edited:
pjam said:
If true, Sideshow pulled a "Bait and Switch" with Collectors and I am one.

Bait us with an ES of 60, Switch it to the same Bust with different paint scheme on Collar and Jacket to make a higher ES after it sold out. This kind of crap pisses me off to no end.

This is no longer an Exclusive LE SSC Scarface Bust.

This item was offered to a worldwide market, not restricted to US which makes this Unethical IMO.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=2931

I agree with all above.

Another concern is, what will happen if the international exclusive will be limited to 30 and it will look more cool than the US version?

Well, guess what, the people annoyed at this are the ones who have this and despise the fact that the 'flippable' value won't be as much now.

What about not being so selfish for once, and allowing all those who didnt manage to get one, have another chance.

Great news SSC and i applaud ya. :rock

...though I won't be able to get in on it since i have no more display space !

revilal said:
Well, guess what, the people annoyed at this are the ones who have this and despise the fact that the 'flippable' value won't be as much now.

What about not being so selfish for once, and allowing all those who didnt manage to get one, have another chance.

I can't speak for others but, I will be paying 400 $ to bust, 200$ or more to shipping and plus taxes. Plus there is no chance I can sell it from Turkey to US for a good price that I can make profit.

I am buying him for my house and for my collection and I am not happy with this change.

I sent my Doom exclusive to a buyer in Spain from Florida for $40 airmail. Are the shipping rates that much more to other parts of Europe?

revilal said:

These are collectibles. As selfish as it may sound the reality of the hobby is that not everyone that wants one will get one. Even the head of Sideshow has said that using those same words. Hence the label of "collectible" and the high price tags. That's also why we got "exclusives". The term itself means to "exclude" some people from getting them and making them more collectible. It's "act fast and get in on it" when collecting these pieces. If you get a second chance great but if you don't then you gotta do what you gotta do. May be a board member can help you or you can resort to ebay.

It doesn't sound nice but it's all part of collecting.

That said, we'll see what the variant turns out to be for this one. The International Version Spidey bust has increased the overall size of the run but not affected the popularity. Sideshow is threading on a very grey area. These collectibles are accessible almost worldwide. "There are only 60 of these IN THE WORLD". To create an international version of anything as a "quiet/undercover" release just seems dishonest especially when not disclosed upfront.

revilal said:

...though I won't be able to get in on it since i have no more display space !

If you wanted one so bad you should have pre-ordered one while it was available which was quite a while considering the ES of 60. I sat there and contemplated it for over an hour before I scooped one up, and it was available for a lot longer than that. I'm not too impressed with this info either. Hopefully it's just a rumour since I can't find anything about it on the SS site. Maybe Dusty can clear things up on this.

Nightwings said:
...Hopefully it's just a rumour since I can't find anything about it on the SS site. Maybe Dusty can clear things up on this.

You won't find anything about the International Spider-Man bust either, but you can certainly order it from Forbidden Planet! I actually had one on order for a while, but came to my senses and asked myself "What am I doing?"!!! I canceled it and never looked back.

As for being selfish, that isn't the point. As has been stated, these are collectibles with set edition sizes (most of the time). I've never been a fan of "variants" of collectibles. I don't have a problem with an Exclusive that is just an "added item" over the regular, but when you have an exclusive that changes the regular or is a variant, then you are trying to get the collector to buy both. Yes, you can say that a collector doesn't have to be a completest and purchase both, but some people are, and as someone pointed out, what if you like the variant more, but already purchased the original? It just isn't a good practice, unless they are announced at the same time so that everyone is aware and can make their purchase appropriately.

kodiak8658 said:
I sent my Doom exclusive to a buyer in Spain from Florida for $40 airmail. Are the shipping rates that much more to other parts of Europe?
a Doom PF to Spain for $40??! that's incredibly cheap. how'd u ship it? i recently shipped an SS catalog and DVD to Australia and it blew my mind that it was about $17 bucks.

Mookeylama said:
a Doom PF to Spain for $40??! that's incredibly cheap. how'd u ship it? i recently shipped an SS catalog and DVD to Australia and it blew my mind that it was about $17 bucks.

Sorry, my mistake. I looked it up and I sent it USPS Air Mail Parcel Post. It was $114, insurance included.

lcummins said:
You won't find anything about the International Spider-Man bust either, but you can certainly order it from Forbidden Planet! I actually had one on order for a while, but came to my senses and asked myself "What am I doing?"!!! I canceled it and never looked back.

As for being selfish, that isn't the point. As has been stated, these are collectibles with set edition sizes (most of the time). I've never been a fan of "variants" of collectibles. I don't have a problem with an Exclusive that is just an "added item" over the regular, but when you have an exclusive that changes the regular or is a variant, then you are trying to get the collector to buy both. Yes, you can say that a collector doesn't have to be a completest and purchase both, but some people are, and as someone pointed out, what if you like the variant more, but already purchased the original? It just isn't a good practice, unless they are announced at the same time so that everyone is aware and can make their purchase appropriately.

This sums up my feelings too Lonnie as well as SLF's Comments. This is just plain sneaky and if true, breaches the Trust SSC established with me as a Collector.

Back