The Toys That Made Us.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVILFACE

Super Freak
Reaction score
Pretty kewl Netflix series about the stuff we collect and their conception.

Star Wars
Barbie
Masters of the Universe
And of course the greatest toy line, GIJoe.

Thanks a lot, just downloaded the Star Wars episode. I don't collect figures anymore but that's how I got started.

tumblr_inline_ohsiimjRbi1tk2rw3_500.gif

Just watched them all via netflix. Barbie one was interesting too. Bit at the beginning with painted nipples was lol
The He-Man team were all crazy, but in a fun way

Just finished this last night. I always love stories from toy designers and hearing what it was like.

There's a second season on the way, right? The intro says it's an eight-part series.

Last edited:
"The Toys That Made Us"? That's one of the most off-putting titles for a documentary type TV I've ever heard. :lol

I saw this was recently added to Netflix, but haven't checked it out yet. Glad to hear it's getting a good reception. I'll definitely give it a chance.

Very illuminating. I always wondered how the '80s G.I. Joe comics fit in with the toys.

And Hasbro letting Kenner's SW toy agreement lapse would have to rate as one of the biggest business blunders of all time, along with (a) Microsoft urging Apple to license the Mac OS, and (b) Apple declining.

Last edited:
I think the remaining episodes are Transformers, LEGO, Hello Kitty, and Star Trek.

(What I read anyway...may not be correct.)

I've watched 2.5 episodes so far. They are fun and informative! I've known some of the details but the insider info and perspective is interesting. I recommend it!

Hello Kitty is a weird choice. If they're looking for a second "girl" license to use why not Polly Pocket or even better Cabbage Patch Kids or something?

I watched all 4 episodes yesterday. Very good stuff. I learned a lot of some things. The kitbashing that was used, the miniscule profits Lucas originally got from toys sales. Great stuff

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hello Kitty is a weird choice. If they're looking for a second "girl" license to use why not Polly Pocket or even better Cabbage Patch Kids or something?

Hello Kitty was huge in my area....not to mention the gigantic following they have in Asian countries.

Just about every shop we visited in Japan had Hello Kitty in it somewhere...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back