QMX 1/6 DS9 Dax

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lordregnis

Super Freak
Reaction score
Looks like dax is next

18738953_1947117542201309_6429065565775321229_o.jpg

Yes! Finally high end DS9 figures! The whole crew is pre-bought. Hope they have at least a S4 or S6-7 Sisko and Worf at SDCC.

Thank you QMX!

Good idea, in principle, but why aren't they starting with Sisko? I think more people would want a 'captains' display. If it's because Avery Brooks has declined likeness rights (which is possible, given that he feels that Ben is behind him and his non involvement in the new documentary has shown us that) I would have thought the next most recognisable niner would be O'Brien. Dax just seems to be a left field choice. If it's because they want to get a female figure out there, Why not Uhura?

It is a weird choice. Particularly given that she left the show before it ended, and there was a fair bit of fan backlash and animosity due to that at the time, some of which (rather sillily in my opinion) still exists out there. That said, she was a popular character, too, so who knows how well this choice will go? Wonder if an Ezri sculpt is also on the cards? I doubt she's popular enough to warrant her own release.

I like the character, and never had an issue with her choice to leave and do other work, but until QMX address the Picard Situation I won't be laying down cash for any of their uniformed Trek figures regardless.

Could you please indicate the origin of this information? I dont see qmx's name on either screen shot. And this is actually kind of an odd way to reveal the next character. Finally, i know dave and najan (sp?) are involved in qmx, but they didnt post this information.

I won't buy Jadzia... I want to but can't spare $ on her.
Hope she sells well tho, cuz I need Odo, Kira and Dukat.
Would def buy Quark and Garak but won't hold my breath.

I won't buy Jadzia... I want to but can't spare $ on her.
Hope she sells well tho, cuz I need Odo, Kira and Dukat.
Would def buy Quark and Garak but won't hold my breath.

i like the way you think.

Could you please indicate the origin of this information? I dont see qmx's name on either screen shot. And this is actually kind of an odd way to reveal the next character. Finally, i know dave and najan (sp?) are involved in qmx, but they didnt post this information.

dax.jpg

didnt say it was a reveal, said it looks like dax is next.

Guys, Nanjin loves Trek. He's constantly working on new figure ideas...not all of which are planned for release (at least anytime soon). Remember, it's a hobby to him as much as to us! If you visit his FB page, he posts test render "teases" quite often of different characters in the Trek universe. I wouldn't put much faith that she will be released any time soon.

Guys, Nanjin loves Trek. He's constantly working on new figure ideas...not all of which are planned for release (at least anytime soon). Remember, it's a hobby to him as much as to us! If you visit his FB page, he posts test render "teases" quite often of different characters in the Trek universe. I wouldn't put much faith that she will be released any time soon.

Yes his FB is filled with renders that he does on his own. I think last week he had Q, before that was 7 of 9, before that was the alien girl from Star Trek Beyond. Couple months ago he was showing off his work in making a TMP Kirk Admiral uniform. All of it was his own stuff and may or may not get picked up by QmX. All depends on how the Trek line continues to sell.

The header here was not included in your first post. But thank you for the information.

It's not a header, it's Facebook. I had to print screen this second time because you were skeptical for some reason.

There was nothing in your first post that authenticated that qmx is releasing dax next. The post was basically a dax screen shot and a render with "Looks like Dax is next" written above it. No source was included (website, facebook posting, tweet, interview, etc.).

Then you included the source, Facebook, in your second picture after i raised the issue. This information revealed that this was from Nanjin, not Qmx.

Since this does not actually appear to be a release notice by qmx, maybe the title of this thread needs to be reconsidered.

Back