Modem/Wifi Help

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ween

Wahooooo!!!!
Reaction score
I've had AT&T DSL for many years and I've never been happy with it. I'm switching to my only other choice of Spectrum (TWC). Since they charge $8 a month for the modem and $5 a month for wifi, I decided to just buy my own. I have no idea what to get. Any help would be great. :)

Is it cable internet?

The most common cable modem is a Motorola SURFboard

You plug in your cable connection to the modem, then buy a router and connect the modem to it. Then set up your wifi network.

Not sure what router you would need since I don't know the specifics of your living area.

But it's not complicated.

In the Philippines, there is only one Internet provider -- PLDT. Which means they can screw us big time and not have connection for weeks and they still charge subscribers the full monthly with no deductions. AT&T and the Chinese company ZTE were supposed to come here but PLDT payed the government to stop their entry. **** monopoly!

I got mine bundled through direct tv

That's the way to go, but I just need the internet. I'm still on standard cable. I don't watch that much tv to get more at the moment. So you're on AT&T then? I gave up on them because they're service is crap here. It's off more than it's on anymore.

That's the way to go, but I just need the internet. I'm still on standard cable. I don't watch that much tv to get more at the moment. So you're on AT&T then? I gave up on them because they're service is crap here. It's off more than it's on anymore.

It's pretty good here. Very rarely dips. You should just drop cable and go with Netflix, Hulu and HBO Now..cheaper than the cable

It's pretty good here. Very rarely dips. You should just drop cable and go with Netflix, Hulu and HBO Now..cheaper than the cable

As long as Mom can get CBS, USA and Sportsnet Ohio (Indians) she's happy. With the amount of movies that I have, I can watch what little tv I want online.

Back