20" Jakks Pacific Darth Vader Custom Helmet (1/4 Scale)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Celtic007

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I recently got the new Jakks Pacific 20" Vader Big Fig. It's a nice figure and it looks really good. Except the helmet looks a big cartoonish, which is a bit of a let down since the Boba Fett I have looks great and Jakks' Batman V Superman figure were excellent likenesses (3d scans I heard).
img_5531.jpg
darth_vader_ESB_quasimodo_2.jpg

Long story short, I made a 3d model of Vader's helmet, bought a 3d printer, and made my own 1/4 Vader Helmet.

If you're interesting in the long story, I have a few blog posts about it here: https://fandfcollectibles.wordpress.com/

Here are a few pics of the render, print, and how it stands now. It's not 100% finished, but almost.

Renders (made in Blender 3D)
vader-render-14.png

vader-render-15.png

20170201_115721.jpg

img-20170201-wa0021-e1488423740992.jpeg

20170218_081741.jpg

20170218_081754.jpg

Re: Custom Jakks Pacific Darth Vader 20" Helmet

Interesting, I'd love to see some more detailed pictures! Don't be shy Celtic007!:clap

Right now I'm in the process of working on the dome. I actually sanded down the entire ridge because it wasn't pronounced enough for my liking. So it's flat now and I will just cut a strip of plastic and glue that on instead. I will get some more pics once it's done, better pics than what I have so far.

I also just got some mesh on Amazon that I think will work for the grill. I have to wait and see how big it is though.

I plan on totally redoing the figure. As you can see from the last two pictures, I have mocked up a new cape.

I'm finally back with some updates. Pretty much redid the entire dome before. The paint on the mask isn't perfect, but I wanted to see how it looks all together now that I'm done toying with the sculpt itself.

img_5711.jpg

img_5712.jpg

img_5714.jpg

Back