The Poppies voting has started...which means the People's Picks voting has started!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey folks - no top ten list this week...instead the People's Picks ballot is now LIVE! It's that time, time to vote! This is the same ballot being used by the Poppies Judges, and it's always interesting to see how the results compare. It's a very easy process. Simply go to the link below and run through the ballot entries. Each nominee has a link to remind you (or introduce you) on that item, and you can abstain from any category you'd like with the last radio button. The last step is to enter your email and hit the Vote button! If you have any questions at all, please drop me an email. Thanks for your participation!

A couple notes: if you are using a mobile device, pay extra attention to the radio button for each choice. Normally the text is to the right of the proper button, but if it gets scrunched up on a smaller screen, sometimes the text drops below the radio button. You'll see what I mean.

I moved entering the email to the last step because of mobile devices as well. If you type in your email, then hit 'go' rather than 'done', you submit your ballot. That would be an easy mistake to make if it was at the start, but since it's the last thing, it won't cause an issue.

Also, please share wide and far. The more readers that vote, the better the results. And you want your favorites to win, right?

https://www.mwctoys.com/peoplespicks-ballot-2016.htm

I suspect people are getting Iron Man'ed out.

Yeah, true. It was the first Iron Man I picked up since the Mark 6. :lol

I gave my 1/6 vote to Ant-Man. Not a fan of the movie per se, not a big Marvel guy... but damn if that little figure isn't the most realistic little 'man in a space suit' that I've got right now. Lots of fun to pose too.

Last edited:
With stuff that comes out in December, it's always a judgement call as to whether enough people have gotten it with wide enough discussion for it to compete. Black Widow was on the 'not' side of that decision, which means she'll end up on next year's ballot.

My favourite figures from last year were mainly human offerings from NECA's Alien line, notably Ripley from Alien 3 and Vasquez. If only HT had the balls to put Tony Stark down for a sec and make these.

My favourite figures from last year were mainly human offerings from NECA's Alien line, notably Ripley from Alien 3 and Vasquez. If only HT had the balls to put Tony Stark down for a sec and make these.

Same. I think the only Hot Toys item I voted for was the Delorean, which I didn't buy but wanted to signal some sort of approval that they made something not Marvel/DC/Star Wars.

Same. I think the only Hot Toys item I voted for was the Delorean, which I didn't buy but wanted to signal some sort of approval that they made something not Marvel/DC/Star Wars.

It's an interesting turn of events when my two favorite figures of 2016 came from Blitzway and VTS respectively...interestingly the two collectibles that I am most looking forward to for 2017 are also being produced by Blitzway and VTS in that order...here is hoping that sales (and equally important positive publicity) for Blitzway's Ghostbusters shows someone at Hot Toys that collectors are still willing to pay premium prices for figures that are neither Super Heroes nor Star Wars characters!

SH Figuarts Star Wars are kinda a hot thing!

And to completely ignore them makes me ignore this poll.

Also, Mafex Boba Fett.

Last edited:
Back