New United Kingdom Collector

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anton84

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hello everybody just starting to get into collecting sideshow figures. Got my eye on Freddy Krueger PF, Hell Priestess PF, and Predator Maquette PF. What's shipping to the United Kingdom cost like with duty and such also bank charges for £ to $ when buying from sideshow website. Any info you have will be great with me starting my collecting :wave

:welcome1: to the :FREAK: show!
wavesmile.gif

Hello everybody just starting to get into collecting sideshow figures. Got my eye on Freddy Krueger PF, Hell Priestess PF, and Predator Maquette PF. What's shipping to the United Kingdom cost like with duty and such also bank charges for £ to $ when buying from sideshow website. Any info you have will be great with me starting my collecting :wave

Welcome to the forum.

Bad time to start. Shipping earlier this year was $40 tops, you're looking at $80-90 minimum now.
Take the cost of the item, add shipping, convert to £ then add 20%. Fed-Ex will also add around £15 charge for paying your V.A.T & duty but you can avoid that charge by opening an account with them and forwarding that information to Sideshow.
Bank charges vary.

Sideshow have recently changed the Harmonised Code so we should be paying 5% instead of 20% V.A.T but it looks like Fed-Ex are ignoring that and still charging the 20% they've been hitting us with for years.

Really expensive hobby atm especially with the cost of SS products rising rapidly.

If you need any more info. feel free to give me a shout :duff

Thanks for the info. What about UK sellers like collectibles direct co.uk looks like some stuff on preorder is sold out but still available on sideshow website maybe they only get allocated so many I don't know. But maybe works out cheaper don't know anyone bought from them?

Buying the Reg from CDUK worked out quite a bit cheaper a couple of years ago but now there's not much in it.
Best working out the difference on each piece individually.

Pros: Fixed price, with discount for full payment. No worries over exchange rate fluctuation and future shipping prices from America.

Cons: You will receive it a few months later. You won't get the Exclusive version. Less chance of getting any replacement parts if damaged.

I will say Lee, CDUK, is very good. As far as I'm aware he inspects every piece before despatching.

Back