IKEA Suggestions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

De@df00l

Super Freak
Reaction score
In a couple of weeks the girlfriend and I are heading to the closest IKEA and I'm looking for suggestions as to display options. I currently have four detolfs and with about 40 figs and another 10-12 on the way, it's getting pretty crowded. Last time I went, I liked the Billy bookcase with the glass doors. I also would like something that's a little bigger to allow for more of an actual scene.

If this post isn't in the right spot, please let me know. I'm using the tapatalk app and this seemed like the best option.

Here's a shot of the current setup.
54dad590f678d45c0b27c92f60ee9a36.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was at a friend's house last night where she has some Ikea cabinets that are like the Detolf cabinets but have a wooden frame, and the only opening where dust can get in is at the top and bottom of the door. I asked if she could remember what they were called because I thought they were superior to my more recent cabinets but she couldn't give me the name. Like you, Ikea is my friend right now for setting up the collection but I'm starting to learn that sports memorabilia displays from Michael's crafts store is a good source for ideas as well. Then you can buy whatever shelf you want at Ikea, and have a smaller class case sitting on that shelf...give you some choice on how it's set up. Just food for thought.

The other idea I'm trying right now is buying the shadow box frames for things like sporting event tickets, or concert tix but using it to hold all the extra pieces that come with a figure (alt head, guns, chimichanga, whatever) and display that with the figure. I'll post when my first effort on that is done.

I'm jealous of your DC figs by the way. ;)

Thanks for the ideas! Haha, which specific figs if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out of curiosity, does anyone know the dimensions of the box that the detolfs from IKEA come in?

That information is usually available on Ikeas homepage. Something like 42 x 8 x 165 cm (taken from memory of course, like all swedes I certainly know every measurement of everything from ikea. :lol )

Does anyone happen to know if there is a Besta corner option?

I'm trying to maximize space and don't want to waste a corner. I think the Billy corner shelf may be my only option (which is fine).

If you search "billy corner" you get results. When you search "besta corner" you get nothing. So, I would say no. The PAX system also offers a corner unit.

If you search "billy corner" you get results. When you search "besta corner" you get nothing. So, I would say no. The PAX system also offers a corner unit.

Thanks! The PAX is more what I have in mind. So I'll have to see what logistically fits best.

Back