Who won Comic-Con?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which 1/6th Manufacturer won Comic-Con?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

batfan08

Super Freak
Reaction score
This year's SDCC may be one of the greatest ever, in terms of the sheer quality of the 1/6th output, with a few relative newcomers challenging Hot Toys for the crown with fan favorite licenses from cult classic films and TV Series to combat the onslaught of figures from the latest and greatest superhero blockbusters? It's a pretty wide-ranging question, and I leave it up to you to decide how you define winning, be it in terms of the quality and quantity of the licenses, quality of the figures, sheer output of products, or any other number of factors.

Personally, I thought HT had a great show this year, but the licenses didn't wow me, with only a few stand-outs like the BTTF II figures and Daredevil. QMX had my attention with licenses like Supernatural and Justified on display, but I think, in terms of license, quality, etc., I've got to give it to Blitzway. You'd be hard pressed to find a more beloved cult classic than Ghostbusters, and the quality of those figures, combined with the sheer presence that license has really made those figures a show stealer.

- No Mezco option

Boooooo!

I was going to add Mezco and NECA, but I thought, if I do 1/12th, I'll have to add the likes of DCC, who also make statues, and, then, you have to get into Prime1 and all that good stuff and I'd have run out of options before I finished the list.:lol

Because HT showed a favorite like the OT Snowtrooper, two obscure Imperials and a totally unexpected Gonk droid, I'm gonna give it to them.

Blitzway was impressive though.

The true winner for me was SS Dengar, but not to excited and Im undecided if I will be getting it. The only product I was interested in before SDCC was HT Ripley and to be honest it did not 'WOW" me.

Hot Toys had some great Suicide Squad and Star Wars reveals so I'm giving it to them.

Sideshow had some nice statue reveals as well... but I wasn't really impressed by much other than the Deadpool PF.

Blitzway. My 1st 2 loves were TMNT and Ghostbusters. So nostalgic for me and they looked amazing.

Close one between Blitzway bec of their Ghostbuster and Hot Toys because of their BTTF2 line up.. It could have been a clear win for Blitzway if they have shown Ecto1 ��

At the end of the day us collectors are the winners but our wallets are the clear cut losers

QMX with their fan favorite tv show and movie characters in 1/6. Supernatural, ST, Princess Bride, justified, firefly, pure awesomeness

My single favorite showing was 3A 1/6 Dredd followed by Mondo's MOTU 1/6 figures. Also pumped for Chronicle Conan and SSC Jack Burton.

I loved NECA Turtles and Mayor Penguin but I don't do that scale so holds no value to me

I have had a no 1/4 rule but am breaking it for that NECA Penguin and Catwoman. Want to also get those Turtles as they are amazing and my stars of SDCC but yet to figure out where I would put them if I did

I voted QMx only because I've been waiting forever for Star Trek, and also looking forward to seeing what they do with The Princess Bride.
However I'd rank the top 3 as
Hot Toys--Setting the bar as usual with the top licenses and Suicide Squad looks fantastic
Blitzway -- All four Ghostbusters all at once. Had they showed Ecto-1 and Demon Dogs and/or Gozer they probably would have walked away with it.
QMx -- Star Trek TOS, TNG and New, plus The Princess Bride

Back