Can LEDs Fade pieces?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spartan031792

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm asking because I just looked at my Harley PF head and there are some spots where the black paint is fading. On my other pieces they look normal but on my master chief statue the paint looks off. What do you guys think? Keep in my mind that my room has a window but the vinyl roll completely blocks any sunlight.
Also, if any of you have the master chief PF can you check if your paint app looks the same as mine. Im talking about the lighter spots on the blue version and green

61445270f58332db3044b42ea36528bc.jpg
cce0c488a27a6d4cc5c541fed2a0c80d.jpg
5ec44522876cfa6149c45e8d44c113e4.jpg
725fe10d0112ff642a6efe6314791862.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say no they can't but not 100% ......
There is no UV light or heat from these

What brand do you use and how often are they on?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Its these ones

m.homedepot.com/p/Commercial-Electric-3-Light-LED-White-Puck-Light-21353NKIT-WH/205667977?MERCH=REC-_-mobileweb_errorpages_rr-3-_-NA-_-205667977-_-N

I have them on for about 8 hrs a day. But thats when im home all day so around 6 hrs on average.

LEDs should not do that unless you specifically get UV LEDs. I don't see anything wrong with any of them in those pics. The black on Harley if I remember right was not solid, it was shaded to make it look more like fabric.

LEDs should not do that unless you specifically get UV LEDs. I don't see anything wrong with any of them in those pics. The black on Harley if I remember right was not solid, it was shaded to make it look more like fabric.

Makes me feel better. if anyone can take a picture of their spartan premium format and post it here so i can see if the paint did get discolored, i would appreciate it.

Heres picture of the leds

7d1c41d41e9e97432777c10c7b9e9fca.jpg

Damn 8 hours a day?? Is that the norm? Mine are probably on 8 hours every two months.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

My Harley has that exact fading on the black spots - on the top of the head, the first corner at the top, and the connection to the white ball. Mine was on display in a glass case with no lights (pretty much in a dark basement) up until a couple months ago when I got my first Bestas. I don't recall, that just may be how they came originally.

My Harley has that exact fading on the black spots - on the top of the head, the first corner at the top, and the connection to the white ball. Mine was on display in a glass case with no lights (pretty much in a dark basement) up until a couple months ago when I got my first Bestas. I don't recall, that just may be how they came originally.

Thank you!

Back