Will Hot Toys ever attempt a Schumacher movie line?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batfreak

Super Freak
Reaction score
I dont think I'm alone in saying that despite the current trend of disdain for those films, especially B&R, I think there is definetly an interest in haveing batman figures based on these visually stunning films. I would kill for a kilmer batman, especially the panther suit and jim carrey riddler. in contrast to the rather boring looks of most of the nolan characters, all the character designs from the schumacher films are visually arresting and I think these would do incredibly well, especially if they can produce so much stuff from the 60's show.

I dont think I'm alone in saying that despite the current trend of disdain for those films, especially B&R, I think there is definetly an interest in haveing batman figures based on these visually stunning films. I would kill for a kilmer batman, especially the panther suit and jim carrey riddler. in contrast to the rather boring looks of most of the nolan characters, all the character designs from the schumacher films are visually arresting and I think these would do incredibly well, especially if they can produce so much stuff from the 60's show.

I wouldn't say it was a current trend – they have always been considered bad... Forever is OK, but Batman & Robin is awful.
That said, however, I would like to see Batman from both these movies released – main costume, not the suit with sonar ears and silver bits... they were garbage.
The villains i'm not so sure about, although they're nice and colourful I really didn't like the portrayal of Riddler, Two-Face, Poison Ivy, Bane or Mr. Freeze... though the Freeze armour could make for a really nice figure if the Iron Men are anything to go by.

I would love for an Kilmer Panther and Sonar suit and Robin.. Maybe Ivy or Two-Face didn't care for Jim Carry as Riddler....

No chance.

Classics like Back To the Future, Robocop, Batman, Terminator, Superman, Alien/s, etc. are considered niche and undesirable now in the sea of Marvel superheroes and the Star Wars universe. A majority of collectors would rather have another Iron Man repaint or a trooper repaint instead of an all new character from an older film franchise/license. That's not even taking account the barrage of superhero and Star Wars movies that will be shoved down our throats for the next decade in which all these licenses have to compete with.

They barely got Batman Returns off the ground with a measly, half assed two pack that looks to be thrown together. They don't take chances anymore. Where's their Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines Terminator, they can't even get the Genysis ones they had planned out there in time. Robocain is never coming. Classic Ripley and Aliens aren't a priority for them, they'd rather produce a weird, anime girl Alien thing. They had the opportunity to get some classics out there in the 1/4 scale, but they abandoned that for Iron Man and Star Wars almost exclusively. Their "DX" line which was made for "icons" is dead and buried.

So with all this in mind, why would they bother with any Schumacher stuff when only a handful of people would be interested in them? Batman Forever and Batman and Robin have a lot going against them as far as merchandise goes. They're unpopular, they're not considered classics and they would be all new figures. Nobody even cared that it was Forever's 20th anniversary. If the well liked properties and licenses from the 80s are struggling to get people interested, what chance would a Kilmer or Clooney Batman have? Look at the 60s line they attempted. The best they could come up with is a Batman and Robin, a Batmobile that's been in a frustrating development hell and a pointless repaint. Even if they did the Schumacher ones, they wouldn't put any effort into them. It wouldn't make sense from a business perspective when they can just slap on some new paint and sell a new Mark XXX or Stormtrooper to people that can't get enough.

Your best bet would be NECA. I could see them putting out a few 1/4 and/or 7" versions of key Schumacher Batman stuff. I mean if they can do ****ing Home Alone, why not Batman Forever? Then again, Randy seems to have a disdain for them (along with Alien 3 and Robocop 3 despite making figures from both) so who knows. The only hope you have is for the Schumacher movies to become weird, but appreciated cult classics years from now and maybe we'll see new modern merchandise other than a couple of obligatory Batmobiles.

Last edited:
I want Kilmer Bats, and Freeze would look awesome if HT did him.

I'm an Ivy collector so would want her even though I hate the design and ugly actress.

Two face is an oddball design, but he would stand out in your collection.

Nothing else from those films I would want. Especially the Cloonster.

There's more interest in Batman Returns than the Schumacher films, and Hot Toys has shown extremely little interest in that property.

So no, there's no chance of Hot Toys releasing Schumacher figures.

I'd buy every single one of them but I doubt it will happen. But its great to see companies like Hollywood Collectibles Group and Hot Wheels coming out with products from both Batman Forever and Batman & Robin recently.

While I wasn't a fan of those two films, I like many of the actors in them and the costumes were fun - I've seen a few figures have been made by other companies and they look pretty good - check these out:

Tommy Lee as Two Face can be seen here:
OSR: Xensation Collectible] Double Face

Jim Carrey as Riddler can be seen here:
toyhaven: Check out Xensation Collectibles 1/6 scale Mister ? 12-inch figure. Isn't he Jim Carrey The Riddler?

I don't know of any Poison Ivy from those films, but there is one that looks pretty close in this thread here:
Action Figure Insider ? View topic - DC Direct 13" Figure Thread: Alan Scott Came Out Nice...

I know there's a 1/6 scale Penguine and I've seen 2 versions of Pfiefer's Catwoman from Batman Returns online - you should be able to Google them.

I've been considering buying double face for a while

I think these would do incredibly well, especially if they can produce so much stuff from the 60's show.

- Batman - didn't sell well, took over a year of discounts to sell out at Sideshow

- Robin - didn't sell well, took over a year of discounts to sell out at Sideshow

- Stupid Batman repaint that never appeared in the show, shown at a convention and will never be released 'cause it's dumb

- Awesome Batmobile that they seem to have given up on

- No villains

No hope for Schumacher. EVAR!

It will never happen. I don't like any of the designs anyway--bat-nipple suit, Two-Face wearing a silly over the top Joker-style outfit, Mr. Freeze in a gigantic armored suit...just no, no, no. It all just looks garish. The only one I could see maybe spending money on is Uma Thurman's Poison Ivy.

We'll be lucky to even get Catwoman from Batman Returns anyway. And yes, I'm still holding out a fool's hope that we'll see her at Toy Soul.

It's a shame if we don't get anything from at least Forever. Robin's costume was fantastic, I love the panther suit, man the summer of '95 was just awesome.

We'll be lucky to even get Catwoman from Batman Returns. And yes, I'm still holding out a fool's hope that we'll see her at Toy Soul.

tumblr_mwc7ep2c3P1rrkahjo1_250.gif

- Batman - didn't sell well, took over a year of discounts to sell out at Sideshow

- Robin - didn't sell well, took over a year of discounts to sell out at Sideshow

- Stupid Batman repaint that never appeared in the show, shown at a convention and will never be released 'cause it's dumb

- Awesome Batmobile that they seem to have given up on

- No villains

No hope for Schumacher. EVAR!

It wasn't that the 1966 figures didn't sell well, it's that they made too many.
For example – if you make 100 batman figures but only sell 50 – obviously half stock left, but if you make 50 Iron Man figures and they all sell... both sell the same but one looks better because it sold out... simplified example, but you get the point.
I think HotToys failed to realise that most fans of the TV show weren't figure collectors, all the ones that are bought them.

I would get Batman, Robin and Riddler.

Hell, I'd even get Bane.

And would love Mr. Freeze in his prison stripes.

xsc746b.jpg

I would likely only buy Batman if they were to make anything from those, and Mr. Freeze actually, his design would be pretty cool as an HT
I like the idea of having a row of all the Batman movie costumes lined up, so I'm completely open to Clooney and Kilmer costumes on my shelf

Id get a Batman, Robin, and Arnold as Mr. Freeze would be amazing! Hell, Id pay to own Prison Freeze too!

i would only want a Uma Poison Ivy. :)

but the movies are terrible to me :p

Back