Financing Indiana Jones 1:3 Scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wookilar8

Super Freak
Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else here but Dr. Jones is getting me nervous. I never thought I'd ever be getting a collectible over $1,500.00 but the good doctor might be the one.

Well my question is to what lengths are some of you going, to be able to afford him? I seriously scaling back my 1:6 scale buying but can't see my self cancelling any PFs or statues just yet. This 1st quarter is crazy but after March it looks very promising. All I know is that if I can aquire Indy it will definitly be the centerpiece of my collection.

P.S. To those that have ordered Cinemaquettes in the past, is it better to order direct or through a store?

You can find some dealers that *can* give you a small discount.

However, if you want him ASAP, you will need to order directly from CM.

The first 50-100 are sold by CM direct.

Around 3-9 months later the dealers will start receiving their pieces.

I am ordering the second it goes for sale!

I have to admit that I can't afford it. There's really no way I could justify a piece at that price. I would have loved to get the MR Signature Falcon, but I am not made of money and anything over a grand just doesn't fit into my budget.

Heck, even the Yoda bust is going to be $600 and that's taken some careful planning to afford.

But for those of you who can swing the Cinemaquettes, I hope you enjoy them! Their Terminator looks amazing, as does the Alien. Indy looks awesome as well, but as for Aragorn...

:sick

If you could add one to your collection, more power to you...I hope you get one especially as a big Indy fan. Those Cinemaquettes are amazing collectibles and would definately be the center of your collection (unless you buy more cinemaquettes down the line). Maybe (hopefully) someday, I'll have enough put away to at least pick up Jack Sparrow when it becomes available (to put on display in front of my theaterical framed POTC:DMC poster). If I do, I'll put it on my own credit card and pay $100 a month for 15 months, and pay the remainder of the balance on the 16th month. That should cover it. Unless the wife finds out. Which wouldn't be a good thing. It was bad enough to convince her that it was OK to purchase a PF once in awhile for my movie room.

i would think that for the prices they ask that CM would offer a payment plan like sideshow's. or at least have their own online financing plans???

Seriously scaling back the collection. Cutting Marvel and Universal Monsters. Getting ready to get rid of a lot of PFs. Of course these were some changes that needed to be made anyway. The CM Indy is definitely high on my list, but I don't know that I'll be able to swing 2 and Jack may win out.

I would need to sell a few things, I am actually somewhat debating this one and the Sparrow.

Oh and here, let me post a few pics I took at SDCC -- just to sweeten the deal:

SanDiegoComicCon2006087.jpg

SanDiegoComicCon2006086-1.jpg

SanDiegoComicCon2006088.jpg

that much money for a collectible is ridiculous!!

that being said I will get this one. :) i will put money aside in small bits just so i don't feel bad about spending that much money because it is money i would piss away anyway.

does anyone here know how the CM preorders work??? is it something like SS where you jut jump in and preorder and pay when its time to ship or do you have to pay some of it up front??? if its the first option i might just preorder it and try to save some money to pay for it.... if i cant i can always cancel it.

the outfit is incredible! Even as a big indy fan, I wouldn't be able to justify spending so much on a statue though....yipes! Their Jack Sparrow was an awesome site at comic con, but something that kinda bugs me is the dead expressions. not so much Indy, but Jack needs some character....at least for that much mulah.

they're incredible works though....
Trev

hairlesswookiee said:
does anyone here know how the CM preorders work??? is it something like SS where you jut jump in and preorder and pay when its time to ship or do you have to pay some of it up front??? if its the first option i might just preorder it and try to save some money to pay for it.... if i cant i can always cancel it.
I think they just send out an email saying they are available, then you order and they ship within a couple weeks.

wookilar8 said:
To those that have ordered Cinemaquettes in the past, is it better to order direct or through a store?

I own the CM T-850, T-800, and Alien. The best thing to do is to order direct from CM. They get them first, and if there's any problems, you can deal with them directly. It can take dealers 3-9 months to get them after CM gets theirs.

Any idea when Indy goes up for Pre-Order?

CM really doesn't do preorders. They take orders when the product is about to arrive at their warehouse. You usually receive your CM 2-3 weeks after placing your order. CM releases product in order, meaning Indy will not be released until after Aragorn and Jack Sparrow are released. CMs are being released very slowly. There was 1 CM (Alien) released in all of 2006. It probably won't be until late 2007 when Indy is released.

i would think that for the prices they ask that CM would offer a payment plan like sideshow's. or at least have their own online financing plans???

Customers have been telling CM to adopt a "Flex Pay" type system, but so far they don't seem interested. Probably because they know they couldn't make them fast enough to meet demand if that were to happen. They say they only make 50 pieces per month, but it's actually much less.

Like I said above, CM doesn't do preorders. They take orders when the product is about to arrive at their warehouse. You usually receive your CM 2-3 weeks after placing your order. So when a CM goes up for preorder, they will be in customers hands in the matter of a few weeks. Your credit card is charged when the CM is ready to ship.

DetroitSportsFan said:
I own the CM T-850, T-800, and Alien. The best thing to do is to order direct from CM. They get them first, and if there's any problems, you can deal with them directly. It can take dealers 3-9 months to get them after CM gets theirs.

CM really doesn't do preorders. They take orders when the product is about to arrive at their warehouse. You usually receive your CM 2-3 weeks after placing your order. CM releases product in order, meaning Indy will not be released until after Aragorn and Jack Sparrow are released. CMs are being released very slowly. There was 1 CM (Alien) released in all of 2006. It probably won't be until late 2007 when Indy is released.

Customers have been telling CM to adopt a "Flex Pay" type system, but so far they don't seem interested. Probably because they know they couldn't make them fast enough to meet demand if that were to happen. They say they only make 50 pieces per month, but it's actually much less.

Like I said above, CM doesn't do preorders. They take orders when the product is about to arrive at their warehouse. You usually receive your CM 2-3 weeks after placing your order. So when a CM goes up for preorder, they will be in customers hands in the matter of a few weeks. Your credit card is charged when the CM is ready to ship.
There you go then.

Back