Classic Comic Characters come to life...New Kickstarter from Fresh Monkey Fiction.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheWhatWhatNow

Super Freak
Reaction score
I noticed another Action Figure Kickstarter popped up this week. Since I didn't see anyone else start a Thread on this Line yet, I thought I'd go ahead and start one.
It looks like Fresh Monkey Fiction is trying to get some Retro "Secret Wars" like Action Figure's off the ground based on some Public Domain Golden Age Comic Book Heroes....plus Captain Action. They are even doing some Cool Limited Packaging Exclusive Editions that I decided to pledge to.
I thought it was Really Great seeing these Golden Age Heroes Finally getting a chance to be made into Action Figures!
Here is the Link if anyone is Interested............

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/549582372/amazing-heroes-retro-style-super-hero-action-figur

Thanks for the shout out!!! Here are some pics. I'd love to know what you all think. We really want to re-introduce these characters to some new fans!!!
Excu_cards_ver01.jpgCA_ver02.jpgBlackterror_ver04.jpgDD_ver03.jpgJC_ver05.jpg

Attachments

• AH_tease_ver13.jpg
    AH_tease_ver13.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 291
Sadly I don't think there is a great deal of interest in these characters. There was a nice pair of Bowen style bust of Dare-Devil and Black Terror a few years ago, designed by Alex Ross. The bust never went into production because of very low preorders. These might do better as the price point isn't as high. Good luck with this. Since you are obviously working with Captain Action is there any chance these characters will be offered as 1/6th scale Captain Action figures?

They are obscure for sure. I just hope folks will take a chance on something new, especially cause these characters have a a great history behind them. I think the CA guys have their sights set on characters with broader appeal, like DC heroes.

I wish you guys the best of luck. I'm not big into comic books; the furthest I got I was the Animated Batman and Robin series, Little Mermaid, other Disney, Nickelodeon, and some random comics. However, if I saw these guys on the shelf I would actually get a couple because they look really cool. And since I've seen them here, I'm curious about the actual comics.

Back