Removing paint from Hot Toys Tonto Body?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

<BEASTMASTER>

Super Freak
Reaction score
Am I correct in assuming that nail polish remover will take off the paint on this figure without damaging? I used this to remove paint from a head, though not sure how it would work with the rubber torso.

Tbh yopu would be better off just painting over it as its risky taking of the paint. I have painted lots of these bodies and the key is to apply with lots of thin layers and only seal at the end.

Thanks guys. I've used acetone on some things like my Han Solo gun and its ok on a cotton bud. Though for larger things like say a head I think it could have possibly rubbed down some detail, though it's hard to tell. I'll probably grab some rubbing alcohol as starpuffs recommended.

indy.jpg

I believe that acetone can be used, just as you said sparingly. I remember it being used when people wanted to remove the tattoos from the Barney Ross bodies. So I'd assume HT used similar techniques to paint the Tonto body.

Back