Play Imaginative Super Alloy 1/4 War Machine MK.II Raw Edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
PLI10085.jpg

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=PLI10085&mode=retail

If they keep pumping them out I'm in so far this is the fifth in that line to be up for preorder

$600 and all you have to go on is a couple of blurry photos :slap they really should go back to marketing basics 101 :lecture

Keep pumping what out? They haven't released a single 1/4 figure yet have they?

Nope, they are scheduled for 3rd quarter 2014 release. Another delay and they're looking at 2015 :lol

$600 and all you have to go on is a couple of blurry photos :slap they really should go back to marketing basics 101 :lecture

:goodpost: I don't understand why they're even bothering with this. Has a single fan ever clamored for this suit in any scale? :dunno

Is this canonical? When did the War Machine armor look like this?

Maybe PI is testing the market. Up till this point PI has not produced any 1/4 scale retail figures. They always blame the set back on Paint QC issues. If you think about it, they are using this figure as a test to see if they can produce a non painted 1/4 scale figure, and call it "RAW" edition. Nobody can complain about paint if there is none. This will prove the market for the actual engineering of the 1/4 scale for them. If they get good feedback, the next stage would be for them to improve their paint process. They are stating limited to 200 units.

I feel 610.00 US is a lot of money for a Naked non painted "RAW" metal figure.

Maybe PI is testing the market. Up till this point PI has not produced any 1/4 scale retail figures. They always blame the set back on Paint QC issues. If you think about it, they are using this figure as a test to see if they can produce a non painted 1/4 scale figure, and call it "RAW" edition. Nobody can complain about paint if there is none. This will prove the market for the actual engineering of the 1/4 scale for them. If they get good feedback, the next stage would be for them to improve their paint process. They are stating limited to 200 units.

I feel 610.00 US is a lot of money for a Naked non painted "RAW" metal figure.

I'd say this would be a good possibility if they hadn't already realease 2 1/6 scale painted Mark VII figures ( Gold editions and standard Red and Gold ). They also did a RAW version of the 1/6 Mark VII and I think it still had paint apps. So this probably does too. There have been several othe QC issues reported. Shoulder pads falling off. Tight joints. Fingers falling off.

I'd say this would be a good possibility if they hadn't already realease 2 1/6 scale painted Mark VII figures ( Gold editions and standard Red and Gold ). They also did a RAW version of the 1/6 Mark VII and I think it still had paint apps. So this probably does too. There have been several othe QC issues reported. Shoulder pads falling off. Tight joints. Fingers falling off.

I agree that the small amount of people who actually own the 1/6th versions have reported problems. From what I read it seems that Paint is the hardest thing for them to deal with. I never saw the RAW version of Mark VII. If that version had Paint apps then I'm not sure what they are doing here. I just figured this would be a way for them to test out the market and show people they know how to make 1/4 scale metal figures, engineering wise at least. It may be easier to make a 1/4 figure since the parts are a little larger to work with than the engineering on a 1/6th scale. Oh well we can only speculate until we see a real in hand pic.

I agree that the small amount of people who actually own the 1/6th versions have reported problems. From what I read it seems that Paint is the hardest thing for them to deal with. I never saw the RAW version of Mark VII. If that version had Paint apps then I'm not sure what they are doing here. I just figured this would be a way for them to test out the market and show people they know how to make 1/4 scale metal figures, engineering wise at least. It may be easier to make a 1/4 figure since the parts are a little larger to work with than the engineering on a 1/6th scale. Oh well we can only speculate until we see a real in hand pic.

That may be the case, I just don't understand the decision to release this Raw thing as their introductory figure to the 1/4 scale. Why wouldn't they test the market with an armor that was in the film or popular? I just don't get this company.

By announcing such a low edition number they're going for a certain type of IM collector, theres people who would buy it if it had a helmet with bunny ears at that edition size. :lol

it's going to come out soon, but I will only buy the mk 42 and maybe iron patriot. the released date is confusing me though. on their fb account they said jul/aug 2014, but on the other fb account (play imaginative store), they said nov/dec 2014. on my email from around nov 2013, they said may/june 2014. I preordered directly from play imaginative singapore for that one

Back