Premium Format Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
Click the link! Buy now!
Christopher Reeve as Superman Premium Format Figure

Continued from this thread:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?123364-Christopher-Reeve-Superman-PF-part-1

Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure

ssc_reeve1.jpg

ssc_reeve2.jpg

ssc_reeve3.jpg

ssc_reeve4.jpg

ssc_reeve5.jpg

ssc_reeve6.jpg

ssc_reeve7.jpg

ssc_reeve8.jpg

Both the regular and exclusive versions will be priced at $424.99, with optional payment plans available.
Pre-orders begin Thursday, March 6.

A portion of the proceeds from this figure will be donated to the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation.

Last edited:
Re: Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure -part 2

Yeah that second last pic is my fave. Who is ordering tomoz?

100% guaranteed order from me, mate. I can't believe that more people aren't vocal in their support for this wonderful piece. Some of the complaints about this are quite comical.

I wanted to start the thread with the pics so they're easier to find.

I'm going to preorder it--though it's not exactly what I was expecting. Also, hopefully the HS will be tweaked a little bit. Comparing the PF to the 1/6 Hot Toys figure the Hot Toys head sculpt is much better IMO.

not thrilled with the pose...so many other options that could have been used...

100% guaranteed order from me, mate. I can't believe that more people aren't vocal in their support for this wonderful piece. Some of the complaints about this are quite comical.

Those of us who like it, and yeah that includes myself even though I am not going to be ordering it, have been shot down by the "true fans" so to speak... There are a few main groups

-Hate the pose.... He never did that in the movies or production stills
-like the Pose but aren crazy about the head sculpt
-like the pose and head sculpt, and even the damn, but hate the black "cheese piece"base
-Damn this looks pretty damn awesome!!!

I am in the later and I will be honest this is tempting me, but I will be sticking to the DC coic line if I g any further than Batman

Something about the face/head seems weird...

Head sculpt is pretty solid but still not as good as HT. Maybe his face feels a smidge long height wise. It's subtle but makes a difference. I give the sculptor credit, it's damn close. Pose I don't care for at all. Dam is ok but that black base under the dam base makes zero sense to me. EX crystal doesn't match the base at all and is a complete mystery why it's not part of the comic Supes PF. Great statue for Reeve fans who HAVE to have this but not for collectors who were looking for just another badass Supes. With comic Supes on the way, I'm good to go. Congrats to those psyched about POing tomorrow!

Reeves was a part of my childhood. This is a must order for me. I have a feeling when people have this in hand they are gonna love it.

Nice one mate, yes I'm gonna get him too - it'll be my last PO for a while. I think the sculpt is on par with the HT, anatomy too. The pose is a bit different and the base is not something I would have expected but it's Reeve, it's Superman The Movie, it's 1/4 scale and it's mixed media. Ticks the boxes for me.

I am a superman insano-nut-lunatic (I own...3 shirts, every movie, a good chunk of comics, statues, cufflinks, christmas ornaments etc.) - this is an easy pass for me.

New thread smell... Tired of the complaining Dave???

Dave's a big boy. He has heard and seen it all before. :)

Those of us who like it, and yeah that includes myself even though I am not going to be ordering it, have been shot down by the "true fans" so to speak... There are a few main groups

-Hate the pose.... He never did that in the movies or production stills
-like the Pose but aren crazy about the head sculpt
-like the pose and head sculpt, and even the damn, but hate the black "cheese piece"base
-Damn this looks pretty damn awesome!!!

I am in the later and I will be honest this is tempting me, but I will be sticking to the DC coic line if I g any further than Batman

Spidey, Wasn't it just one guy who said that people who liked this were not "true fans?" I only say that because your comment makes it seem that all of us who don't like it are bashing on those that do.

In all honesty with the exception of a few the comments about this piece have been pretty tame. This is nothing like "Wormgate" :)

Just setting the record straight for those that are just starting to visit this thread.

Put me in the "Think the head sculpt is good, HATE THE POSE, don't like the dam" category. Even if he did strike that pose in the movie or movie stills I would still not care for it. It looks awkward to me and unnatural. Hell even the Chin has said it looks off.... And he loves the thing. But it is 1/4 scale Christopher Reeve and the head sculpt is pretty dead on. So I can see why many are happy.

I think he actually looks pretty nice and natural from this angle. But all others just don't look right to me.

ssc_reeve5.jpg

Still I look forward to seeing more of him at SDCC and when people get him In Hand. Superman the Movie is one of my all time fav comic book films so it will be fun to see this piece in peoples collections... Hope it meets the expectations of those that ordered it.

Last edited:

You headed to SDCC JAWS? I'm gonna be there this year, well once I get a ticket. We've bought flights already.

Mine! Ex! Flex! Super!

Supes1.jpgArnieKim_Superman_14_arnie2_zps8542a091.jpg

Back