Optibotimus Reviews: Hot Toys Iron Man MK XXI "Midas Armor"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great review Paul.
I am loving those little scratches.
If a suit of armour like this were possible to make, it would be impossible to operate it without scratching the surfaces of it.
I love that it looks like Tony went for a spin in it.
Oh, and i got my Midas head apart, and will be dremelling it open to put a Tony head in there tomorrow.

Great review Paul.
If a suit of armour like this were possible to make, it would be impossible to operate it without scratching the surfaces of it.
Oh, and i got my Midas head apart, and will be dremelling it open to put a Tony head in there tomorrow.

Barry, do you do commissions for head sculpts?

It's been seen already for the most part. But here's my look at this gorgeous piece of plastic :) Also details are in the video along with the link to details on when you can get this figure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oPYMrdCcwY

How did you get it so early? Also how did you get on the Sideshow payroll out of interest? Did you work for them already and then move into doing Youtube reviews for them?

Loads of people ask that.
Generally, when i tell them the price, they faint.

Well, i assume they faint, because i rarely receive a reply after giving them the price.

Maybe they die of a heart attack after hearing the price.

:rotfl

lol. I have my nitroglycerin handy just in case. The Mark II Armor Unleashed head sculpt (Tony's head). What is your rate for something like that? Thanks!

lol. I have my nitroglycerin handy just in case. The Mark II Armor Unleashed head sculpt (Tony's head). What is your rate for something like that? Thanks!

If you provide the parts, $120 shipped back to you.
If you don't provide the parts, $120 plus the price of the parts.
The Rhodey helmeted head is best for that one. It's the one i used for mine.

2C5CB8DB-F8C8-4DD6-8031-6C78E68877BE.jpg

74C7F353-1276-4308-B5AA-569600601733.jpg

DBC180AD-76AC-47EB-BEE1-7B57D0DE144C.jpg

Your reviews are so fun to watch. :duff
Glad you enjoy them :) Thanks for watching

Looks good. I gotta tell ya...I love all the hand gestures. :)
I gotta apologize for that LOL it's the "sales man" in me.

Great review Paul.
Thank you sir! And i agree, the scratches don't bug me too much. But as others have said, i wouldn't be too upset if it was without them

How did you get it so early? Also how did you get on the Sideshow payroll out of interest? Did you work for them already and then move into doing Youtube reviews for them?
I'm on their payroll?! How long should i wait before i start asking where my checks are? LOL. I've been doing video reviews on Youtube for a long time. I reached out to Sideshow a bit ago about doing reviews of Hot Toys and Sideshow stuff for them as a means of promoting products. Pretty standard when it comes to just about anything in the world that gets a review for it. The benefit to the arrangement i have with them is i get offered stuff to review a bit earlier than the actual release.

I didn't keel over :) Your prices certainly would not induce a heart attack, lol. I used to get custom Mcfarlane sportspicks made from customizers and the prices they charged reflects the work and time that they put into it as does yours. I think your work is fantastic and that custom head would be what my MK II AU is missing to make it complete. I am definitely going to think this over. Thank you Barry.

Now that's a great custom Barry! Your skill scores yet again! :clap

And great review Optibotimus! Love your vids! :hi5:

Back