Hot to fix battery corrosion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Climax_Form

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the ryt thread.

Long story short, i got a matty collector
Ghostbusters ghost trap and we saw that the battery corroded.

I tried cleaning the battery compartment with white vinegar and let it dry overnight.. Still dsnt work.

Want to ask any tips on how to fix it. Gonna try baking soda later.

Will post pics as soon as i can

Thanks

coke-a-cola. After you watch the corrosion melt off like its water, just think about what is does to your insides! :horror

Hi,
You guys think it better I find electronic components (think I'll always have trouble finding the right fit) or just cleaning this?
AfCDw8o.jpg

Fixing a DVD controller with vinegar, because the player has no buttons at all, and thought to fix one of my Hot Toys stands. It's pretty simple, but it won't be like it was new. Could easily just fix it with tinfoil...

Clipped the wires and the spring and plates are sitting in the acid. They look pretty ugly and you can see the oxidation which is why I'm considering finding replacement bits - dunno if it's worth the effort. Would overnight be too long?
Compartment is cleaned and will solder the wires back in when I put it back together. Any other tips? I have a few toys like this and plan to eventually fix them but they require a bit more work to open up or dismantle.

Always use cheap ass batteries and forget. Button batteries suck when they leak.

Decided to drink my coke.

Back