Enterbay and Hot Toys Broken

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ash Housewares

Super Freak
Reaction score
Basically be careful if you ever move house and you need to pack your figures. My hot toys godfather suffered a leg breakage just as I put it in the box. No force whatsoever. My Enterbay WoTD figure snapped at the waist, again with no force, I just picked him up and snap. These are pretty old figures but disappointing especially when you can't get replacements. What cheap *** plastic must these companies use?

Well, for the premium you pay, you're not exactly paying for the material. You're paying for branding, licensing and logistics.

I've been having a problem with my apartment for a year that's forced me to literally lay all of my figures under a lift up bed because there's no place to put them that's not in the way. Before that I packed the, all up into their boxes and right before that I moved. Plus we had a hurricane and I packed them up before that too So yeah I know how that can be very tricky especially with so many fragile prices.

That being said, the Godfather just breaks. That's what it does. Every Godfathers knees break in time. Its a prodiction defect. Just get a loose TrueType and swap out his knee joints and it will be fine, costs about 30 bucks or so but you'll have spare tT parts if you ever need them for something else.

I don't think I've got a hot Toys figure that hasn't had some sort of breakage.

Manage to rip the handle of DX T800's minigun just getting it out of his hand.

Tried to get the wrist peg out of one of Noland's fist and ended up tearing it right off.

Somehow managed to tear the leather loop from Thor's hammer out of one side, so now it's not a loop any more.

Already lost one of the shotgun shells from Royce's chest holster thing.

I mnaged to rip the little posts that hold Warmachine's wrist gun in place right off.

None of them were by me being particularly rough either, just the figures themselves being pretty fragile.

^ Either that or the knock off TTs for $26 or so. I haven't paid full price or bought a new TT in a long time. I flat out refuse to.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I moved out of my parents house nearly two years ago. Everything made the trip into the city fine. I even had my V1 TDK Batman in a separate box riding shotgun with a blanket on top because I was paranoid about the rubber suit.

Last month I was dusting my collection, picked up Two-Face, and his lower leg slid right out of his pants. Broken knee. I brought it up in the DC section and found out its a design defect for that figure. Beats leaking rubber suits I guess but yeah, that stinks!

That generation of figures seems to all have broken knees it is something to do with the rubber that they use between the joints of the true types its lucky that they can be fixed easy though

Over time, I think these bodies just break down. I've had figures that were fine previously, then I go to pose them carefully and BAM, that thing is ****ed.

I don't think rubber suited figures help the bodies either since there's really no circulation within the suit itself. Seems like my older Batman figures, the OC especially, always have a loose knee after awhile. They're perfectly fine when I first get it, then, I come back to it later and it can't even hold a simple pose without slowly going back to form. When I checked it out, the knee was of course broken.

I've been having a problem with my apartment for a year that's forced me to literally lay all of my figures under a lift up bed because there's no place to put them that's not in the way. Before that I packed the, all up into their boxes and right before that I moved. Plus we had a hurricane and I packed them up before that too So yeah I know how that can be very tricky especially with so many fragile prices.

That being said, the Godfather just breaks. That's what it does. Every Godfathers knees break in time. Its a prodiction defect. Just get a loose TrueType and swap out his knee joints and it will be fine, costs about 30 bucks or so but you'll have spare tT parts if you ever need them for something else.

Ive had 2 GF figures and they all broke on the right knee.

The one figure with similar problem is the Harvey Dent/2Face figure.

These best thing people can do here is keep buying these companies products.

Back