Bowen Magneto Action

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nearly every item for sale on SSC's site has a prototype image. I'm guessing Bowen items don't have lots of pics, but I'm not too familiar with them. Several items for sale don't have multiple pics.

In other words, nothing unusual here IMO.

It's sold out at sideshow. Not to worry though. You can easily pick one up off eBay after it's released if you really want one. You probably will be able to pick it up under retail. Check out the Kotobukiya Magneto first. IMHO, that's the best Magneto statue on the market.

I am sorta a Sideshow newbie at the moment :p Only got 2 of theirs in my collection.

And thanks for the tip Filip, ill give it a look

A6BZWo0CYAAuh0k.jpg:large

There is more pics on the statuemarvels.com forums and this should have either an april or may release. Got the kotobukiya magneto and have this one pre-ordered as well. Both are too epic to pass on.

I'm sticking with the Koto statue. It's a little too obvious that this was a digital sculpt. The pose is too stiff and symmetrical for my liking.

If I'm not mistaken, the Koto statue was a digital sculpt as well. However, in my humble opinion, it's the best Magneto statue ever made. I actually think the Bowen Mags looks pretty good. The Koto Mags is just on a whole other level. Erick nailed that statue. I think Mags and his recent Spidey statue are his finest work to date.

I'd like to add the Koto Psylocke to Erick's best. It is just a beautifully rendered piece of my favorite girl X-Man.

Looking at that Bowen Magneto, the height of that thing is off the chain! 21'' maybe?

If I'm not mistaken, the Koto statue was a digital sculpt as well. However, in my humble opinion, it's the best Magneto statue ever made. I actually think the Bowen Mags looks pretty good. The Koto Mags is just on a whole other level. Erick nailed that statue. I think Mags and his recent Spidey statue are his finest work to date.

I'm pretty sure you're right about the Koto Magneto being digital. Digital sculpts can work perfectly well as long as the artist is willing to fine-tune things and work to make sure it has the same level of finer detail as a clay sculpture. But too often the result is stiff and relatively lifeless, which is my problem with this Bowen statue and a lot of others like it.

Back