Better Trilogy: Raimi's Spider-Man or Nolan's Dark Knight?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which do you think is better: Raimi's Spider-Man or Nolan's Dark Knight?

• Raimi's Spider-Man

Votes: 23 13.8%
  • Nolan's Dark Knight

Votes: 144 86.2%

• Total voters

Khev

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Which do you think was the better trilogy, Sam Raimi's Spider-man 1,2, and 3 or Chris Nolan's Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Rises?

Both have two great movies, both are great superheroes, well one's a vigilante.

So movie-wise it's about even, but since Spider-Man is better than Batman i vote Spidey

I thought about CelticPredator as well :lol

Looking forward to when Celtic gets here and realizes his beloved Raimi won't win :lol

Two superhero trilogies of arguably the most popular character from each company, both trilogies helmed by the same director for all three films. Yes really. :cool:

:goodpost:

Also Spider-Man 2 and TDK are both regarded as the best of the genre

Last edited:
People/critics called ASM a "pointless" remake, I wonder if the same will be said of the Batman reboot? Especially if the Nolan Dark Knight is the more beloved franchise.

People/critics called ASM a "pointless" remake, I wonder if the same will be said of the Batman reboot? Especially if the Nolan Dark Knight is the more beloved franchise.

There'll be universal negative comparisons to the Nolan film when the reboot comes :lol

I'm calling it now, everyone will dismiss the reboot as terrible even if it's great, simply because it's not nolan/bale :slap

There'll be universal negative comparisons to the Nolan film when the reboot comes :lol

I'm calling it now, everyone will dismiss the reboot as terrible even if it's great, simply because it's not nolan/bale :slap

yep, pretty much, this is exactly what will happen.

The best way for the Bat-reboot to fare well vis-a-vis Nolan is to set itself apart. Stylistically, it needs to take another approach. Because taking the same approach, it is going to be hard to compete, and even if it is good, folks will wonder why they are bothering. I think one of the things that ASM failed to do for many (not for me, but for others) was to set itself further apart from what Raimi did. They had a different tone and approach, but they weren't all that different really. It even seemed like the font and opening CG was reminiscent of the Raimi films. So, it was easier to say, "well, these movies are pretty similar in style, same origin being told for the same character, lots of similar lessons learned I guess, what's the point?" I think it could do Batman well to be situated in a less gritty, realistic world. Not Burton Batman, but maybe something closer to the Marvel universe style of comics than the Nolan style. More like traditional Earth 1 DC style Batman. Where wacky super powered villains don't have to be made "realistic" in some measure. Let the movies be more fantastic, and explore more about how Batman exists in that kind of universe. That's what I would do.

They're fairly even to me. Both first movies are pretty good with the second movies being better, and the final movies being a bit of let downs.

I wanted to vote for Spider-Man, but I hit TDK....Damn you Nolan, you evil bastard. :mad:

But in my heart, Raimi wins. :(

Not even close. Begins was a better origin than SM1. TDK was a far better sequel than SM2. And, TDKR was easily better than SM3.

The worst of the Nolan trilogy was probably better than the best of the Raimi trilogy. I think TDKR is likely generally considered the worst of the 3 Batman movies ... and I liked it quite a bit more than SM2, generally considered the best of the SM movies.

SnakeDoc

Back