Help contacting Andy Bergholtz...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

great1

Super Freak
Reaction score
In 2007 I commissioned Andy Bergholtz to sculpt a Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson headsculpt and he never followed through.

I don't like to hound people asking for updates and I kind of lost interest in getting this completed but now I would like my downpayment back. I shouldn't have waited so long but now I could really use the cash.

I have been trying to contact him through 2 different email addresses and facebook but I haven't heard back. He has posted twice on his facebook since I messaged him on there.

Anyone have any advice? Have I been ripped off?

Could I get this moved to "General Collectibles - Action Figures", I accidentally posted it here by mistake.

:lol I think you're SOL at this point. Definatley should have followed through MUCH sooner (really 5 years!??). I doubt he even has any records from you anymore.

I moved the thread for you. If you contacted him via Facebook, and he posted there afterward, then I don't know that having another means of contact will help you. Sounds to me like he's just ducking you.

It's your own fault at this point. I can't say it any nicer than that.

:lol I think you're SOL at this point. Definatley should have followed through MUCH sooner (really 5 years!??). I doubt he even has any records from you anymore.

And how many years have some members here been waiting for customs they have paid for to other members and are STILL waiting for them? If you take someone's money you are morally obligated to provide services no matter who you are or how important or well known you are. Andy should fulfill his obligation or refund his payment.

You won't be the first or last in this situation. Good luck.

It's been over 5 years now?! Seems like you've been scammed, do you have any original emails, PMs, etc?

I have all of the emails still, I never delete anything.

Time can passes so quickly, it does not seem like 5 years since I made the deal with Andy.

I don't really see why the time frame matters. It isn't like he would have had more options, say, 1 year after the fact than 5. It isn't lke you can expect a commissioned custom work from scratch to be conducted in 45 days for a Paypal dispute.

I don't really see why the time frame matters. It isn't like he would have had more options, say, 1 year after the fact than 5. It isn't lke you can expect a commissioned custom work from scratch to be conducted in 45 days for a Paypal dispute.

I guess that's why I wouldn't pay for one. I don't pay anyone online for anything outside of that 45 day window, a few NRDs to Sideshow aside (and I grumble about even those.)

5 years is atrocious. He's obviously never going to pay now.

I'd forward him the original emails (paypal transaction if possible as well) to remind him of your agreement and see if you could get your deposit back or maybe he'll finish the project.

Would be awesome to see The Rock sculpted by Andy though as his Locke and Bobby D are still my favorite custom sculpts.

I really don't think Andy would try to scam you; most likely he forgot about it just like you did. Try facebook and emails again and give him a little time to respond.

It's your own fault at this point. I can't say it any nicer than that.

I agree. At a certain point I feel you become in the wrong for not following it up. Not in the wrong to the point that you deserve to lose your money but definitely wrong on some level. You're basically popping up from the dead now. Five years seems to me to be as crazy fifteen years. You can try to get a refund, I don't disagree with that, but after this long I think you shouldn't expect a speedy/easy resolution, like it's a deal that was made a week ago. Five years truly is just nuts - that's a long time to have said nothing.

He's a professional sculptor, I have to imagine he's had a fair bit go on over the past five years and has a fair bit going on right now, a lot more business dealings than just you. After five years, he probably has no memory of whether you paid or not or whether he at some point refunded the money.

A debt is still a debt whether it is 1 year or 100 years it's time to pay the piper.

Not sure ":lol" is the emoticon I would have used.

I have heard he has taken money on at least one other project years ago as well and delivered nothing.

Yeah, but usually the piper comes around sooner than every 5 years to collect. :lol The fact is the sculpt just fell through the cracks. He forgot about it and you never followed up on it. Wanting money or a sculpt after that amount of time isn't reasonable IMO. Snooze you loose. Dealing with customizers, constantly bugging them is the only way to get ANYTHING done. Very few are self motivated.

he took the guys money and then never delivered. Passage of time does not make it right. It's still stealing.

he took the guys money and then never delivered. Passage of time does not make it right. It's still stealing.

:lecture:lecture:goodpost:

Just because he is Andy B doesn't mean he can take money for a commission and then forget about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back