Stshammgod messes with stuff - my customs and repaints (1/6 DH1 McClane)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stshammgod

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well, after seeing so many of you guys here flourish with your talent, you've inspired me. I figured I'd give it a go around. I had an extra Deckard head floating around the house (velvet_morning's to be exact), so he was my first subject.

This was done only with hand brushes, no airbrushing. Now, please keep in mind this is my very first time doing this. That being said, let me have it! ...... :panic:

f4912185.jpg

2a954752.jpg

3c68b945.jpg

293d9edb.jpg

80ce59e1.jpg

b11af327.jpg

96da0520.jpg

634c1eda.jpg

af10bd75.jpg

Last edited:
Re: My First 1/6 Paint Up

Looking at this again and the stubble is really nice and natural looking, awesome job!

Hey, thanks for the comments so far guys... I struggled with the eyes... I think I need a more natural "white" color for the eyes. I used "vintage white", but I think it needs something else added to it... A tinge of blue maybe? Also needs somewhat of a pink lining around it too I think to make the transition between eye and eyelid more subtle. The eyes are glossier than they look in the pics as well. Weird how cameras can be...

The lips were difficult, as I didn't want to make them too pink or red.

I recently started putting a tinge of purple in my eyes and that seems to give it a more natural look. Also, if you put a thin line of pink (I use the lip color) on the bottom eyelid that gives it a bit more of a natural look.

Having said all that excellent job on your first paint up... looks miles better than my first :lecture

Disgracefull work there:slap

Only joking looks better than alot of mine:)

With the lips maybe try going over the pink with a flesh toned watered down mix and tha might help.

I add watered down wash to my eyes but sometimes they look bloodshot, which sometimes is a good thing.

It's all trial and error, nice head sculpt:)

Not bad, not bad at all! The 5 oclock shadow looks especially ace, and that's typically a rough spot for most painters. :clap

Hey thanks guys! I know the eyes are the trickiest part for me. I may just do those first to get them out of the way from now on. lol

He's not that yellow in person either, my hands are making him look that way. :)

Onward and upward! If you guys want to send me sculpts you don't want for me to practice on, feel free! LOL

For a first timer and using a hand brush, that is an excellent job! Congrats.

That's impressive for a first paint up! Wow. Way better than my first attempt at painting almost ten years ago. :clap

You could take this even further, if you wanted. A wash of dark brown to the hair would give it added depth. Also, a white dot on the upper right, or left, of each pupil would give it that extra bit of realism, adding a glossy varnish afterwards. Lastly, a small wash to the crevices of the ears and nostrils would give them a shadow effect.

Those are merely tips to further the realism. Either way, I must say, that's quite a job well done.

Wow amazing result for a first time effort. You're inspiring me to pick up a brush too. :D

Great Job. how did you do his skin? :clap

Back