SS and Fox to make Predator dvd collector's set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinky queen

Super Freak
Reaction score
Fox were doing their Q4 last week and coming in the New Year will be Predator, Predator 2 and AVP (in an all new "savage" cut). The set is 6 discs housed in a secret compartment within a huge Predator Warrior bust made from "high grade vinyl and abs" and made by Sideshow. This release will be worldwide (possibly staggered with Japan getting it first) and includes a numbered certificate of authenticity. No details on price and pics are only in hard copy format at the moment..

I guess it will be something like the Alien Head Collector's set, wich is a legendary dvd 'box'

B0001FX9C0.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

alienheadboxhd7.jpg

Hightreker said:
Sounds cool, I'd never seen that Alien set before. It looks awesome.

It first was limited to 9000 for Japan only with DTS for ALL titles an an Alien Kubrick.It houses the discs in their Ultimate Edition versions. 2 years later is was available in Italy, France, Germany and the UK in the 'normal' versions

Some more pics of my piece on a Dutch dvdcollectors forum

https://www.dvd.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1472745#1472745

the collection is outdated but you get the picture

alienkg3.gif

What the hell is the "AVP (in an all new 'savage' cut)"?
Is that the director's cut they released or is this a third version of that piece of $#*!?
They need to wake up, nothing they do to that movie will make it any better. Of coarse, this is coming from a studio that wants the next AVP movie to have a scene in modern day K-Mart so they don't have a clue what they're doing. :rolleyes:

screamingmetal said:
What the hell is the "AVP (in an all new 'savage' cut)"?
Is that the director's cut they released or is this a third version of that piece of $#*!?
They need to wake up, nothing they do to that movie will make it any better.

I would like a version cut down to 35 minutes with Morgan Freeman doing a V.O.

kinky queen said:
It first was limited to 9000 for Japan only with DTS for ALL titles an an Alien Kubrick.It houses the discs in their Ultimate Edition versions. 2 years later is was available in Italy, France, Germany and the UK in the 'normal' versions

Some more pics of my piece on a Dutch dvdcollectors forum

https://www.dvd.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1472745#1472745

the collection is outdated but you get the picture

alienkg3.gif

Man....that's one massive DVD collection!

Wish it was being released in the U.S.! All the cool dvd sets get released overseas! I'm jealous! :D

Here's a slightly bigger picture of it. Looks like they took the Predator bust and slapped a mask on him. I wonder if this is on a smaller scale like the Alien DVD head was.

predatorhead2.jpg

So the Predator bust packaging is designed by Sideshow and the movies are distributed by Fox, but this dvd set is only being released in the UK? What's THAT about? :confused: Too bad I don't have an all-region dvd player. Guess I'll just have to admire the advertisements for this. :rolleyes:

Back