"Greatest Seller in the World" "Wonderful human being"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProgMatinee

circlesendwheretheybegin
Reaction score
Ok...so I'm flipping through some feedback of a known scammer and there are positive feedback reviews from established members of the forum that I have to take issue with.

When leaving feedback why do people go to the extreme with the platitudes?

For example, I have literally seen people say "Great person" on this scammers feedback page. Not just "great to deal with", but "great person". How do you know that?

Also, simply saying "great seller" can be really over blowing things.

Selling something and fulfilling the deal as they should have does not make someone "great". Reserve this platitude for people who really deserved it and went the extra mile.

Personally, I find leaving an honest feedback without kissing ass is the best approach.

"Item as described, fast shipping" is about as glowing a feedback as I ever leave because if someone gets ripped off in the future I don't want my name to be on the sellers feedback history with some lame glowing review that tried to make the guy look like Mother Theresa.

Seriously guys, get real with the feedback for all of our sakes.

Francis.jpg

This thread is the awesomest! I am a better person for having read it. Thanks Prog. :love

I usually just put something like " A+ seller , fast shipping , no problems ". Honestly f I receive my item in a timely manner and it's exactly how I expected I do consider them a great seller. I mean , what else are they expected to do , wrap it in a bow ?.

This thread is the awesomest! I am a better person for having read it. Thanks Prog. :love

Probably the best post ever! Pixletwit is the greatest poster ever! Pleasure to read your post! Recommend Pixletwits posts to anyone!

What a wonderful human being!

I usually just put something like " A+ seller , fast shipping , no problems ". Honestly f I receive my item in a timely manner and it's exactly how I expected I do consider them a great seller. I mean , what else are they expected to do , wrap it in a bow ?.

I wouldn't consider my singular experience to be enough to determine whether they are a "great seller" and wouldn't use that language while giving them a feedback score.

On your particular feedback what does "A+ seller" add to the feedback other than extending a platitude? Isn't "no problems" enough of a positive rating, why extend to commenting on them as "sellers" or their character?

When I see "great seller" it almost indicates the feedbacker has an extensive knowledge of the seller as a whole rather than a knowledge and experience of just 1 particular deal.

I think we should be rating 1 deal at a time and let the next buyer filter through them and determine whether the culmination of those ratings make them "great sellers".

Maybe its semantics...I just don't think 1 good experience should equal "great seller", seems misleading and just gratuitous ass kissing.

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

I think you make all good points. I'll have to consider this when giving feedback in future.

I gave A2C a +1. In hindsight though I did have to PM him twice about whether it was shipped. I asked if there was a tracking number and he said it was in his car but he never bothered to provide me it. I received the item fine though. This was just before the major troubles with him came to light.

I think you make all good points. I'll have to consider this when giving feedback in future.

I gave A2C a +1. In hindsight though I did have to PM him twice about whether it was shipped. I asked if there was a tracking number and he said it was in his car but he never bothered to provide me it. I received the item fine though. This was just before the major troubles with him came to light.

That still hasn't been resolved? I thought all was well and that he was in the hospital and his partner was shipping them out? I better go read that thread :lecture

That still hasn't been resolved? I thought all was well and that he was in the hospital and his partner was shipping them out? I better go read that thread :lecture

Last I heard there was still some people left short their figures and money, including Mr Rabba who started the original thread.

So taking bets. Who thinks this'll get dropped to the sandbox vs. just locked and forgotten, or all together deleted? :lol

It's legitimate critique, unfortunately, it's also swept under the carpet because given who's involved and their position at the table, nobody likes to talk about it.

Who cares :huh Feedback is generally just a number around here anyway.

I use "great" all the time; if my ____ arrives quickly, as described or better than it was great to me :lol

Back