Should I preorder Alien Big Chap Maquette??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacklizard

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Helloooo

I've recently found out this place from the guy sold Alien queen diorama to me.

I'm so glad that there are so many alien fans here since most friends

of mine do not seem like they don't like Alien... :(

One thing I got Alien Queen Diorama and that was beautiful

and got Alien warrior Maquette few days ago and it's just awesome....

Probably, one of the best statue I've ever get.

I was not sure about Alien Big chap cuz I thought it's too expensive and too big for my room...

However, once I got Alien warrior Maquette, I realized that... I need Big chap maquette...

It's just Alien warrior maquette is so great and it looks so good even though I just have Queen and warrior.

So.... I'm seriously considering Alien Big chap....

I want to listen to other guys opinions...since you guys have a lot of experiences and have good collections so far.. right?

Please give me some advices~!~!

And I want to see you guys collection and how you guys display our beautiful Aliens~!

Thanks~!

Last edited:
Personally, as much as I love Alien/Aliens the Sideshow big Chap just
doesn't cut it for me and IMO the pose seriously lets it down.
This was a much anticapated piece that was pretty much a must have
but unfortunately I was disapointed.
This is just my opinion, there are people who have ordered and love this
maquette, but I would rather spend my hard earned dollars on something I trully love, this just aint it.
Ultimately the decision is yours, if you can afford it good for you but don't buy something you are not tottaly happy with just for the sake of
having it!!!!
Here's some pics of my Alien/s Warrior maquette which is a fantastic
piece.....

P1030061.jpg

P1030041.jpg

Calling it 'Big Chap' has really caught on hasn't it. Damn Hot Toys. Never liked that nickname, it was never called that in the film nor would it have been as it'd diminish the seriousness of the situation. I hate that an offscreen nickname is actually being applied to the merchandise.

Personally, as much as I love Alien/Aliens the Sideshow big Chap just
doesn't cut it for me and IMO the pose seriously lets it down.
This was a much anticapated piece that was pretty much a must have
but unfortunately I was disapointed.
This is just my opinion, there are people who have ordered and love this
maquette, but I would rather spend my hard earned dollars on something I trully love, this just aint it.
Ultimately the decision is yours, if you can afford it good for you but don't buy something you are not tottaly happy with just for the sake of
having it!!!!
Here's some pics of my Alien/s Warrior maquette which is a fantastic
piece.....

P1030061.jpg

P1030041.jpg

THanks for you advices haha_ha
I gotta decided soon...hm
by the way I love love your glass? Acylic? display box for Alien Wrrior Maquette~! That's freakin awesome. Did you make it? or order?

Buy it if YOU like it.

Don't base your purchases on what others think.

This quote pretty much sums it up right here. :lecture

I personally like the 1/4 Big Chap Maquette despite what others may think or say about it. That being said, I pre-ordered without hesitation. He is a must have in my book. Especially if you already have the other 1/4ths like the Queen bust, Warrior and 1/3 Dog. Bigger is better my friend and this Chap will be quite large and impressive in anyones collection in my opinion.

Yes buy it most definetly, no brainer. It's a pretty cool looking piece and large, not sure at times which pose I like more this one or the one on the Cinemaquette both are awesome. Never understood the vampire comments and all that stuff, I'm just not reminded of vampires or anything like that when I see the piece.

@Nacho
I'm loving the way your Warrior has been displayed there Nacho. Such an amazing piece to :)

Cheers mate...Amazing it is...:duff

THanks for you advices haha_ha
I gotta decided soon...hm
by the way I love love your glass? Acylic? display box for Alien Wrrior Maquette~! That's freakin awesome. Did you make it? or order?

Thanks Blacklizard, it's a custom acrylic case I hade made..
The wooden stand was made by a friend of mine.

Yes, you MUST preorder it...I think it's the law in most states now:) I recently received the Alien Warrior Maquette and can't wait to add the Big Chap to my collection as a companion piece. I know I'm in the minority but I like the menacing pose and the size and detail look to be awesome. I've had it preordered since the day it was made available.:clap

Trying to decide on whether or not to get this also..

I'd deffinitely take it over the Warrior and Predalien Maquette, but Sideshow had to have a bunch of morons choose the horrid pose for him.
So that really kills much of the excitement.

You know, I don't see how anyone could like this pose. It just looks ridiculous.. Why the HELL did SS have to ruin Giger's masterpiece?
I'm surprised they didn't bend him over, put his hands on his ass, and his tail in his mouth.. :slap

Anyway.. Because of the bull____ pose, I decided to go with either the Warrior or Predalien, but once I aquired the right amount of money.. They were sold out everywhere.

Might just wait for the Wolf Maquette, hopefully Sideshow doesn't pull another rip-off and make it cost as much as the Legendary Scale Figures, which I'm sure they will.

This quote pretty much sums it up right here. :lecture

I personally like the 1/4 Big Chap Maquette despite what others may think or say about it. That being said, I pre-ordered without hesitation. He is a must have in my book. Especially if you already have the other 1/4ths like the Queen bust, Warrior and 1/3 Dog. Bigger is better my friend and this Chap will be quite large and impressive in anyones collection in my opinion.

I guess it is. So.. I preordered ^:^

Yes, you MUST preorder it...I think it's the law in most states now:) I recently received the Alien Warrior Maquette and can't wait to add the Big Chap to my collection as a companion piece. I know I'm in the minority but I like the menacing pose and the size and detail look to be awesome. I've had it preordered since the day it was made available.:clap

the same reason like you~! can't wait to add another big maquette to my collection. Well. I need more to say "my collection"
but... I want to see you collection bro~!

Yes buy it most definetly, no brainer. It's a pretty cool looking piece and large, not sure at times which pose I like more this one or the one on the Cinemaquette both are awesome. Never understood the vampire comments and all that stuff, I'm just not reminded of vampires or anything like that when I see the piece.

it's the nosferatu or bela lugosi hands pose -- the suits gloves were not articulated, though they were long, so the poseability is an "idealized" sculpt - being in a pose that realistically the alien should be able to achieve yet didn't because of the suits limitations and bulkiness of the head...so I understand the comments about it not being a "gigeresque" or movie accurate pose...his poses in the movie were limited and thus unique as well based on his movements... BUT
ultimately I like it a lot and did flexpay myself...I'm sure it'll be MUCH harder to acquire down the road, so I didn't want to place myself in a position of regret - I mean if I wasn't happy with it in hand, I could always sell it ...but I expect to like it a lot...grew on me despite the hands thing - still a great sculpt...nice details

Back