HT Predator 1 Dutch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd imagine that HT thought there would be no problem with the likenesses and then found that was not the case. If Fox sees how widely distributed the non-approved pics have become it could queer the deal.

Let's be part of the solution - not part of the problem.

After the figures ship and arrive in our hands, the SSF board members march into the Hot Toys office...

"You set us up! It's all bull^^^^, all of it, the picture problems, FOX breathing down your neck."

"We knew we couldn't get you to buy the figures unless we made you think they were controversial."

"So you make up some story and drop the lot of us into a meat grinder. What happened to you Hot Toys, you used to be a manufacturer we could trust."

"You're an asset, an expendible asset."

"I and my fellow collectors are not expendible, and we don't buy this kind of product."
Dude, i'm watching the movie right now and that part just passed.. Freaken LOL!!!! Thanks!!!!

Y'know, we need to remember it's in the collectors' best interests for these pics to go away just as much as it is for Fox and Hot Toys. If the faces are going to be changed significantly between now and release, it would cause a lot of confusion and griping if we'd all been looking at pretty pictures of Arnold and Sonny Landam figures and expecting them to show up that way to our doorstep (especially for those collectors online who are not privy to the situation at hand, as we are). Even if there were no hint of animosity from the licensor about the premature images, I think it's generally beneficial to everyone if the 'unapproved' images are removed, especially if revisions are being made.

As for how or why the 'unapproved' images were released in the first place, that's got me scratching my head as well... But it's certainly no reason to crucify Hot Toys and/or Fox, it seems like a simple mistake. They jumped the gun a little, that's all. Nobody's perfect (although Hot Toys comes pretty close most of the time! :) ).

Yes, Listen to Andy and Dave, Guys! They are trying to help.

Please Remove these images!

I think the sculpts are pretty much spot on, it's just the heavy paint app of the camo that throws them off. the Billy head looked perfect.

No way...that sculpt could be wayyyy better.

I don't know, I thought it looked like a great Arnold sculpt, with some excellent texturing for the 5 O'Clock shadow and everything, just the paint apps were iffy, but on purpose, I'd bet good money it's a Yulli. The question is, what will the final product be, what we've seen with approval, or steps down to get approval.

Hate to break your heart, but I'd wager that Arnold was a Yulli.

The sculpt wasn't done by Yulli. In the mag they mentioned JC Hong doing the paint apps but no mention of Yulli. They would've mentioned it like with the Joker and Bruce Wayne sculpt.

I liked how on the Predator DVD documentary they said they had to hire a bodyguard for Sonny. Not to protect him, but to protect the other people on the set from him. Apparently he was kind of a loose cannon. Just the kind of guy I want in the government...

can he be worse than this guy?:rolleyes:

Bush_confused%5B2%5D.jpg

Back