1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luke is risen and well in IX, and he’s kicking names and taking ass..!

Couldn’t be more excited!!!

:fireworks:fireworks:fireworks

Mark, so what exactly is it that Luke does in TRoS?

tenor.gif

“No one’s ever really gone...”

cd68714bbe1293fc53e33788d03411d4.jpg

Great photo!

I just got this figure from my wife as my birthday gift. I always thought it was boring figure since it came practically with nothing. Ou boy was I wrong, amazing presence and it is now one of my favorites in the collection. (Did a bit customization)

DSC01338.JPG

I decided to make a mold of this head sculpt to see if I could tweak a casting of it enough to give me a stronger Hamill vibe. I've always seen a decent likeness in the face itself, but have felt that the hair is what keeps it from being a better representation of ST Luke. So, I trimmed down the sculpted hair and added actual hair over it. The result isn't anything mind-blowing, but I think it helps with the likeness. I also decided to make the eyes brighter when I painted the casting.

Below is a comparison pic of the new head next to a stock version of the original HT figure. On my modified version, I changed the torso padding and made some changes to the outfit. I still need to make a few more adjustments after seeing how little difference shows up in photos like this.

TFALukeCompare001.jpg

Here's the same modified figure on its own, along with a shot of the head on a TLJ body.

TFALukeCompare002.jpg

And a closer look next to the stock TFA figure.

TFALukeCompare003.jpg

I've also made a short hair version for a Crait Luke, but don't have all of the outfit components yet.

Wow, most impressive ajp. :duff

Thanks Khev! :duff I'm trying to do a diorama of a Luke Skywalker timeline, starting with farmboy standing on Tatooine staring at twin suns and progressing through Master Luke sitting on Ahch-To staring at setting suns one last time. Wherever possible, I'll be tweaking the HT figures to look more accurate (to my eye, at least).

Back