Hot Toys - TMS032 - The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale Dark Trooper Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A pity they wen't for the Phase 3 Dark Trooper look right away. Imagine a 1/6 Hulkbuster-esque sized Dark Trooper !!

DarkTroopers-RECG.jpg

HxcZKvO.jpg

When will they change TMS from Television Masterpiece Series to The Mandalorian Series?

The whole soldier/droid thing in SW just doesn't make any sense to me. They have B1 and B2 droids in the Prequels, then they go with just Clones and Stormtroopers, then they make these Dark Troopers which are clearly formidable but the show acts like B2's were never a thing, then they go back to just Stormtoopers in the First Order.

Just when I thought I was out of Hot Toys, they go and suck me right back in. Hot Toys must be loving this.
Mandalorian has bought balance back to the force.....

I think that surprisingly decent price on them is helping. I honestly expected something in the iron man price range of $350-500 so getting two for about the upper range of one die cast iron man, I?ll take 2! All new, one-off sculpt? I really did expect a higher price point. I?m glad they avoided the die cast gimmick. It just adds cost with not real added shelf value.

I didn't know exactly what to expect for the price, but I wasn't disappointed. I'm still not 100% sold on the Terminator in Star Wars concept, but it worked on the show. Loved the season 2 finale so much I had to order three of these.

Not sure why the don't just paint the eyes glossy red, same effect. It's not like the eyes illuminate it's surroundings or anything.

Any chance this will sell out on sideshow.com?

No. As the distributor they take preorders for many months. Right up to close to release most probably. This is so they can tell Hot Toys how many to make.

SS only limit other stores like BBTS to maximise the number of orders they get themselves.

SS has a monopoly on this industry in the US & Europe. It's unfair and ridiculous.

There should be laws to protect small businesses and prevent distributors from selling things themselves.

No. As the distributor they take preorders for many months. Right up to close to release most probably. This is so they can tell Hot Toys how many to make.

SS only limit other stores like BBTS to maximise the number of orders they get themselves.

SS has a monopoly on this industry in the US & Europe. It's unfair and ridiculous.

There should be laws to protect small businesses and prevent distributors from selling things themselves.

I don't think there should be laws preventing it, but they really need to at least let small retailers have an open two weeks or something to get orders and then place the order. They can 100% fulfill whatever the small guys want, it is quite annoying. This one was SUCH a rush, even more than the Shoretroopers. This is sold out at almost every single retailer I checked. Monkey Depot has some but they charge shipping.

Sold out at BBTS this early means "Sold Out". They usually add another allotment FAIRLY quickly. Don't miss out on that one. Could be their last PO.

THANK YOU pjam for the heads-up. I just popped over to BBTS and to my shock, they must've added more. Secured a PO.
Really appreciate that, bud!

Well, its my understanding that retailers can ask for more stock but the minimum numbers required might not make sense. For example, AE might not trust taking on another 50 units because they may feel they're near saturation for this particular item.

That said, you'd think Day 1 sell out would indicate there's demand.

Re: Star Wars The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale Dark Trooper Collectible Figure

I'm beginning to think I'm the only one here with a conscience! :lol

View attachment 504172

Ha I didn't mean it to read the way it probably did. I meant that scammers and the type of collectors that report the absolute smallest non-issues with 1/6 toys for replacement. I wouldn't do it, I swear lol.

Back